Sunday, March 30, 2008

Application

Here are the questions on the Mr. Rubber Calgary contestant application form, with the answers I submitted. Yeah, I was very chatty on the application form, but how can people easily put into words those qualities about rubber/latex that attracts and arouses them? A complicated situation doesn't have any simple answers. I took quite a few days to figure out how best to answer them.

Previous and current titles: None fetish- or gay-related.
Club memberships: None fetish- or gay-related
Hobbies: competitive road and track cycling, competitive running, volunteerism, photography.
Do you support any causes?: ? I am a long-time volunteer, participant and supporter of the Alberta bicycle racing community, also a long-time supporter and volunteer of Calgary Apollo and the Calgary Frontrunners.
Sponsors: None
How long have you been into rubber/latex and how did it start?: I've been 'into' latex since my early teens but only got 'into' latex clothing in the late nineties when the Internet suddenly provided lots of visibility and online access to retailers and rubber fetishism in general. Consequently it was also when I finally had the money to afford it! I was originally into anything skintight; ‘naturally’ this started with lycra clothing in my teens. The first major latex items I bought were some bondage balloons and hoods from MEO in the UK. Things have evolved and grown in very interesting ways from those early experiences.I think I was originally drawn to rubber and latex merely by its intrinsic qualities -- it is impermeable, yet can stretch to unbelievable size. It makes amazing sounds and smells heavenly. I started experimenting with rubber gloves and condoms in my formative years for sexual play and breath control and things evolved from there.
What rubber/latex do you have?: Half a dozen catsuits, numerous tights, shirts, shorts, jeans, accessories, gasmasks, hoods, and a vac-rack. All of it tight and encapsulating!
What is your favorite piece of rubber/latex and why?: I love suits that can achieve as close to a one-piece complete coverage as possible. The first fullsuit I bought was a molded one-piece with attached socks, gloves, hood and sheath. It makes the male wearer look like he’s been dipped in a vat of latex, and I think that ‘pseudo-human’ look is extremely sexy.
What does rubber/latex represent/invoke/signify for you?: Where do I start?From the perspective of a gay man, I've always been drawn to anything skintight that will accentuate the male physique while enhancing assets and muting imperfections. Latex makes almost any body look beautiful when polished and shining!In addition to the hypermasculinity that rubber provides as a skintight material but also as a material traditionally associated with masculine activities and occupations, the encapsulation and constraint of a stretchy, impermeable material also allows complete removal from one's environment while having all senses fully stimulated at the same time; in a situation with a partner this is intensified as your focus is only on you and your partner as the rest of the world is already removed from the equation. The anonymity of latex coverage is also very erotic to me.From the perspective of a rubberman, latex has the unique property of being able to stimulate all of the senses – it can be simultaneously arousing to see, touch, taste, smell and hear. It feels great when covering your entire body. It feels great when a partner touches or snaps it. It feels great to rub against another body in rubber. Its heat transfer qualities enhance environmental changes – heat to cold, dry to wet. Latex has a lot more flexibility as a fetish material, which allows aficionados of it to create anything as bizarre, superhuman, pansexual, or otherworldly as their imagination will allow.
Why would you like to become Mr. Rubber Calgary?: I feel I am at a point in the evolution of my fetish that I am comfortable for people to see me as I am. With my volunteer and marketing experience, as a man who is immersing in the lifestyle I believe that I can promote it very effectively. I would make a great rubber ambassador for Calgary, but more importantly, I believe the local fetish scene needs a few unabashed public faces to promote the acceptability of latex and rubber fetishism in a culture that may not be as tolerant and/or exposed to it in order to get the large number of hidden fetishists in this city out of the closet and openly celebrating their perviness!
Imagine that you win the title. What would you like to do with it? Do you have any projects?: I am an avid photographer and have plans to get into fetish photography and eventually HD videography. I am hoping that winning the title will allow me to build a network of fetish friends and artists in the hope that I can eventually produce several fetish video and photo portfolios. I also would like to promote Calgary in other markets as a representative of the city and its potentially exciting (but currently underground) kink culture. There are many large gay events coming up in the next year or so, including annual events like MIR and IML. Next year, large international events like OutGames will have a large fetish cultural contingent where a Calgary representative could make inroads in promoting the city and its benefits.I would like to organize Rubber Nights in such venues as the Eagle as a way to expose more people to the possibilities of latex and rubber fetishism – fashion shows, vac-rack and bondage equipment demos, etc.
Describe in detail your ultimate rubber experiences (Either one that you have had or one that you would like to have): It would be hard to decide on just a few ultimate experiences, as the possibilities and situations a rubberman could find himself in are only limited by the imagination. As I mentioned above, I am very drawn to skintight full body encapsulation in situations where standard uniforms could be replaced with latex attire. I have a fantasy of being a rubber mercenary, sent deep into enemy territory to retrieve information on the location of captured rubber soldiers. I would find out the information I needed, but en route towards safety, I am captured and brought to a secret dungeon/jail location where I am put into full rubber and bound to a variety of contraptions designed to extract information (and other things) out of me – vac-racks, sleepsacks, straightjackets, St. Andrews crosses, bondage racks and chairs. The torture would be exquisite – orifice plugging, bondage, humiliation, breath control, gasses, electrostimulation, probing, stretching and spreading, to name a few - all applied by a crew of muscle-bound interrogators also in skintight rubber. I would be able to resist breaking down and telling my captors about my mission and source and would eventually be rescued by a rubber paramilitary team that would break me out and consequently rescue their captured teammates with the information I am able to provide.A similar fantasy would involve responding to a classified ad placed by a wealthy rubber master looking for hard-core rubberslaves to do his domestic bidding and also using the selected applicants for ‘experimentation’. We would have to go through a week of rigorous testing prior to being hired to ensure we are truly submissive slaves as required and able to withstand the pressures of being 24/7 rubberslaves for extended periods of time. Once selected, we would spend the rest of our lives in rubber-encased servitude to our rubber master. The experiments would involve an endless barrage of tests with new equipment, gear, and creative scenes. Eventually we would be promoted to assistant positions, helping the rubber master recruit and test new rubberslaves eager to join our team and live a complete rubber lifestyle with us.

No comments: