Friday, March 21, 2008

20/20


I underwent laser eye surgery yesterday to improve my eyesight. It's something that I always contemplate when my vision care plan at work tops up, but this year I had my incentive bonus, a topped up vision care benefit and generous health spending account to bolster the argument to do it when contemplating the cost. Because my astigmatism was so bad, the surgery cost quite a bit more than the average person. Now that it's done and I'm only fighting a bit of infection in my left eye, I'm amazed and blown away by the improvement. I went in for a follow-up test and I'm seeing 20/20. Incredible. I think I'm only beginning to discover the things that people with good eyesight take for granted. It's the first time in my entire life that I've been able to see without some sort of assistance through glasses or contacts, and if I can see this good today, what's it gonna be like in a month or two when everything's healed? I think this was a great decision. I'm so excited! :-D

It's going to make the view through the gas mask lenses an entirely new experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew,
Your comments made me smile....I have worn glasses since I was 41(Im now 47)and I agree that wearing glasses can be a bit of a nuisance.My partner had Laser eye surgery about 10 years ago and he has 2020 vision,he can see for miles and i cant.I wish i was brave enough to do it.I know how he feels when he makes comments about my bloody glasses getting in the way when we're getting it on(!);)regards rubberdc.

Patrick said...

Hi Matt - congrats on the eye surgery! I have always had good vision (2020), but after a very bad eye infection, my vision improved to 20/15! Go figure ... Regards - Pat