Thursday, January 31, 2008

Silence

Ahhh...silence. For the first time in a long time all the computers in the house were shut down last night. It was weird not to hear the whirr of the fans as I was shutting the lights off to go to bed.

The boy and I are off to Texas tomorrow for a week. I'll be online but probably not posting as we're hoping this to be a 100% R&R vacation, particularly after the Arctic hell we've been through here this week. Minus 50 Celsius windchills on Monday and Tuesday morning....brrr. One doesn't want to go outside in that dressed in layers of insulation, never mind latex! I need heat and green so badly...

Have a good week. I'll be back.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good time to invest in some neoprene, then. Worked great for me in DC at MAL with the sub-zero wind chills....

Anonymous said...

LOL! Neoprene would certainly work (I do have a couple of wetsuits for scuba diving), but I was only writing tongue-in-cheek. I have no desire to go out in these temperatures at all, no matter the material! Neoprene, goosedown, wool, fleece, or polar bear fur! (just kidding about the last one -- the polar bears are screwed enough as it is).