Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Evening With the Collector

En route back to Vancouver, I had the pleasure to finally visit the Collector at his home in Saskatchewan.  We have known each other for many years dating back to my Calgary days, and in all that time I had never been to visit his home base.

I won't be the first to say that his moniker is definitely accurate. He collects everything! Helmets, masks, EMS uniforms, diving gear, vacuums, comics, you name it.

We had a fun evening; we went out for dinner then when we got back to his place he already had some thoughts on what he wanted to put me in.

First he left me try on a couple of the helmets. He has an amazing custom latex space suit with a very tight helmet. It is borrowed from a friend of his so I wasn't able to try out the suit and have everything fastened and enclosed. He is attempting to find someone who manufactures the corrugated latex used on the joints in the suit; I told him that as soon as he began making the suits I wanted one!


I got to try on a G-force suit helmet next. There's very little volume in the helmet. It was interesting to see the difference between the Russian and the Chinese military models.


Then came an airtight Hazmat suit. It was a first for me, and it was squirming breathless goodness as I was stuck in their suffering my situation for five and a half minutes until he let me out.



Next I finally had an opportunity to try out the Elenas Bondage Ball. I had seen it in action several times before but this was the first time I actually got in. We tried it with several different inflatable hoods & masks, a bit of breathplay and poppers, and I was on the verge of blowing while in it when the back zipper of the ball decided to give way and expose me to the elements again! It was a funny situation. I really liked the inflatable enclosed hood/mask the best, of course :)


Next he got me into his Atelier Kuntzmann full latex suit with a gas mask. I was in latex zen when he suggested a bit of fisting. I was excited about the idea however after cleaning and prepping while still in the rubber suit and after he donned a drysuit and mask, I realized I wasn't in a relaxed enough state of mind to proceed so we stopped early.


No worries (and in the end it was a good thing), he had one more surprise for me. After my post on nasopharyngeal intubation, he thought it would be a good idea to try it. I was game, and as he was the one who pointed out in the videos I posted that they were inserting the tubes incorrectly, I knew that he knew what he was talking about. It was quite the sensation! Once he lubed it up with sterile medical lube and began the insertion, itt didn't hurt, it just felt weird Every time I swallowed the tube tended to want to move out of my nasal cavity so had to be held in place. After pulling it out my nasal passage was cleared right out! Very crazy situation. I was a bit disappointed to learn that typically only one tube is inserted, not two, and he showed me what the oro-gastrointestinal tube looks like and explained how it is inserted and works. Very interesting stuff. When discussing the scene in the 'Fable' story, I figure that the equipment used in that scene is custom made, certainly the nasal tubes would need to be smaller than the standard medical ones and as the Collector explained, there's really no way that two nasal tubes and an oral tube could all be simultaneously inserted.

At any rate it was a fun night. I ended up finishing myself off with the help of the Collector's Colon Snake and after a bit more conversation we hit the sack. I had to be up at 6am to catch my flight back to Vancouver. I'm sure glad I made the effort to visit the Collector! :)

Thanks for taking the photos during the evening, Mr. S. It was a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Reid,
What a funny and interesting time you've had.I love the expressions you make, some camp some just painful.lol.
Half of those suits i wouldve taken home with me to try out.
Great pictures as usual and I am grateful to you for putting them on this blog...;)
warmest regards to you
Dx

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time. Next time I will have a few more things for you to try.

Collector2