Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cruisey-T, Outgames, Pride

Leather & Denim Cruisey-T: Ship To Shore Event July 24, 2011

Around 200 pervy guys boarded the MV Britannia for a four cruise up Indian Arm on Sunday afternoon in the sun and heat of one of our rare summer days to date. DJ Marcus Purnell kept everyone moving and Mantra did a great routine to Goldfrapp's "Strict Machine". I worked most of the cruise; set up, ticket taking and greeting of passengers, 50/50 draw sales while en route, then teardown. Despite the low-than-hoped numbers, we had a blast and I think everyone else on board did too. Mr. P had a horseshoe up his ass again, winning not just the 50/50 draw but also one of two raffle prize packages! We now have tickets to basically every Pride and Outgames event happening this weekend, he'll definitely have to find people to take some of those tickets off his hands since we will certainly not be making everything.

I got an opportunity to wear my Hypershine latex bathing suit again. It was once again a huge hit for those that had not seen it yet.

The party continued onto the Vancouver Men In Leather Underground party at FiveSixty. I have been to a couple of these before and they weren't well attended, but this one was busy busy busy and devolved into a big sex party by the time it ended at 11. This was a work night for most, and I should've heeded the call of responsibility, yet Mr. P and I took home an eager out-of-towner in Vancouver to compete in the Outgames and showed him a good time until the wee hours of Monday morning.

Vancouver Pride July 29-August 1

Last week during the photoshoot for the new Rubbout image, Shane took some pics of me in the suit and sailor hat in the studio too. I am supposed to be getting some enhanced images from that shoot this week or next. I'm hoping to at them to my portfolio, in addition to giving some to the Hypershine folks for their forthcoming retail website. I also did a couple of photos that were Rubbout-related, so who knows, maybe some of those will surface as promotional materials for Rubbout 21?

The Rubbout image is at the printers right now being generated into promotional cards and posters for the Vancouver Men in Leather/Rubbout booth at the Sunset Beach Pride Festival immediately following the Parade on Sunday. I hope they get all the printing done by Friday *fingers crossed*

So, as for Pride, my goal is to wear latex all weekend. We have the VML Tom of Finland Party on Friday night followed by a Bearracuda at FiveSixty, so I should be able to get away with a lot of latex then. Saturday I would really like to go to Rapture:Dominate at the Commodore Ballroom since this is the main fetish event of the weekend and should be some sexy fun. Sunday is the Parade and Booth volunteering so I should be able to get away with a bit of latex that day too.

What I really dislike about this time of year is that there is SO much going on; it is impossible to attend everything you want to so you have to triage, yet for the rest of year we're complaining that there is never enough going on. 'Tis the reality of Gay Christmas, I guess.

Piled on that is all the events going on for the 2nd North America Outgames which kicked off in Vancouver on July 25 and runs until July 30. There are apparently a thousand athletes in town for the event. I'm doing a couple of Frontrunners events this week and volunteering at the Outgames/Frontrunner competition on Saturday morning (yes, guaranteed to be tired and/or hungover, as will most other volunteers ;). There are a couple of huge closing parties going on during Pride weekend so we're planning on hitting a couple of those as well.

Oh my gosh, so much going on. I will try to capture as much of it as I can with my new swanky smartphone camera :)

No comments: