Friday, July 29, 2011

New Poll

I've added a new poll I would appreciate you guys to look at that'll be open for the next couple of months.  I am interested to see what dressing aids everyone uses to get into their latex.

I used to be almost exclusively a powder guy in my early days.  I even used J-lube for a year or so until I discovered silicone-based dressing aids like Vividress.  I am a hard-core fan of these lube-based conditioners/dressing aids/lubes now.  I still powder my 'looser-fitting' suits sometimes, including playtime suits, but to go out in public or to put on the really tight stretchy stuff it's silicone all the way.  It's cleaner, your sweat doesn't leave white traces all over your suit, and any excess on your hands, etc. can easily be used to polish up the exterior of the suit.  The silicone stuff works for me primarily because of the hair factor; I used to shave my body hair to squeeze into powdered suits; but after time I got tired of that and looked for alternatives (funny how the older you get the need for as little hair as possible moves down the priority list).  Silicone lube gives you a lot of movement in a suit right from the start and there is relatively little hair pulling inside the suit compared to talc.  Sure, it costs more to dress but it's SO much more comfortable.

I am curious to see how many people don their latex in the shower.  This was something that never really appealed to me since you're soaked in your suit right from the get-go and if you end up in a situation where you don't start generating sweat right away (at an air-conditioned stand-up bar, for example), it starts to feel sorta clammy inside a suit.  There's also the hair factor in play here; I find that without some 'wet' lubrication inside a suit, the hair still tugs when the latex is being stretched.  I know it sounds ridiculous that water would feel different in a suit than sweat, but that's just me.  I think for some suits exposing a lot of skin like surfsuits, trisuits, etc. this may be a good option but is not a preference for me for fullbody catsuits.  What do you think?  I'd like to see what the numbers look like in a few months!

UPDATE: I want to thanks those of you who mentioned chlorination.  I honestly forgot to put that as an option on the poll but then thought that there can't be many that do in fact get their latex chlorinated.  If you do, I would also love to hear from you, and possibly convince you to write a short piece on your experiences with chlorination?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silicone is the best, I am using it for years now. A must for my skintight catsuits. Look for an example at: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RDN7uMkYy5c/Tis2xplEwaI/AAAAAAAAAYc/3U7V_SIAxzA/s1600/bodycondoms.jpg
and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAPvjQM-YSY&feature=player_embedded

pupmutt said...

i've heard of a process called chloronation, where evidently you no longer need lube or powder to get your rubber on after it's done.

Enrubber said...

Using silicon-base lube since the beginning. I just love the shiny look it gives and the slick feeling when sliding into my tight rubbersuit; feeling as if my body is being sucked into skintight seduction.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
i have chlorinated my suits and this is absolutely awesome!
I can put on a catsuit in less than 1 min.
Here you can see my selfmade latex suit that i have chlorinated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1apb8eq-9Vo

and the best thing is that the chlorination will last for almost forever!