Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why I love Obsessive-Compulsive Bloggers

...they create the most bizarre, yet strangely interesting blogs with ridiculous amounts of content that make you wonder if these people do anything else but obsess over a particular nichey topic.

I have seen a lot of fashion critic blogs; obviously there are a lot of them out there, but here is one that I never expected to find, Fashion It So.

So goes their tagline: "Charlie (@chozzles) and Anna (@ajlobster) are revisiting Star Trek: The Next Generation. In a big way. And we've noticed that the clothes on that show are AMAZING. And not just 1987 amazing, or 24th century amazing, but BOTH, SIMULTANEOUSLY.

We celebrate those fashions here."

And that's only The Next Generation. I am scared to search for, yet confident of their existence, fashion blogs for all the other Star Trek shows.

Of course, being an obsessive personality myself (ahem), I had to see if some of the outfits I remember fitting snugly on certain alien bodies would make it into the entries, and of course they are there.

LOL but I don't have the fortitude or (honestly) interest to browse the entire blog, but I did find this in an episode critique on page 2:
Gotta love their comments:
- "I don’t even know what to say. This is glorious. Is it made of liquid latex? I sure hope so. The color is a delightful shade of blue, bordering on lavender, and it includes a shiny cummerbund and collar that would not look out of place in Visions Exotic Dance Club’s Salute to King Tut"

- "Liquid latex disco ball"

- "so he goes back to his true form, a form that has the ass Bev should have had earlier"

- "Anyway, their butts look amazing in these jumpsuits, is what I’m getting at. I am not so much a fan of the flat boots they have on because they sort of look like they might be Crocs."

It amazes me how much time and effort some people put into these blogs, hoping someday they start a meme which sends them to blog superstardom. I love blogs, they are the good, bad, ugly, strange, weird, wonderful, remarkable, unremarkable extensions of our personalities. I thought I put a lot of effort into the Rubber Canuck blog until I saw the obsessiveness of some others. I mean, really, review and critique EVERY Star Trek: TNG episode for fashion statements? OMG that's a LOT of work!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be more useful to analyze those episodes from the point of view of those beautiful, exciting prosthetic make-ups! ;) And those skintight suits! Mmm.
That would be even more weird, a fetish-minded blog of critics of Star Trek. :D