Friday, January 20, 2012

Today's View From the Sling

This was actually on Wednesday, but close enough ;)


Had fun meeting with sponsors at the Taboo Naughty But Nice Sex Show last night, off to Seattle tomorrow for the rubber education/demo event at the Cuff. Here's hoping the ice is melted and the roads are cleared! :)

Last night at the Taboo Sex Show was interesting. If not only to meet and reconnect with some of Rubbout's awesome sponsors like the folks at Ware's and Wear, but also to realize how much more adventurous most gays are compared to straights. I exchanged stories with Ken, a friend of mine who works at Little Sisters, who recounted a group of women that came into their Taboo display. One of the women asked her friends, "why are there flavoured lubes?". The friend whispered in her ear, and she cried out when she heard the answer! It's sort of unbelievable, in this day and age that come people have a comfort zone SO small when it comes to sex that everything that doesn't include vaginas and missionary positions is completely foreign and exotic, and most likely scary and threatening.

I was traipsing around the convention center in my Invincible tank and Mr. S neoprene cyber pants trying to distribute some Rubbout promo cards (to a ladies' night crowd, no less). We were about to leave when I think I indirectly heard the best line of the night. As I was passing by these women, one of my friends overheard one saying to the other, "oh my god....his pants have a zipper in the back!". Now that's classic. Wish I'd heard it; the response would've been, "I can only imagine your reaction if I had been wearing my rubber pants with no back to them at all!" :)

No comments: