Thursday, February 11, 2010

WCR Winter Warmup review


I just got back to Vancouver last night after an interesting weekend in Palm Springs. I spent the first two days relaxing poolside at the Helios men-only Resort before the tribe started showing up from L.A. in the late morning on Friday.

Spending time by myself was something I thought I would like at this point, but I found myself feeling pretty lonely by Thursday night, especially after seeing 'Avatar' in 3D at the Palm Springs Imax and being emotionally compromised afterwards (don't ask why; it's complicated). I did manage to get to Tuff Stuff Leather in the afternoon before the movie and look over a bunch of rubber gear Jim had there on assignment that I had seen on the West Coast Rubber website. I ended up buying a pair of black opera-length (read: fisting) rubber gloves and a leather-look Feisty Muscle spandex bodysuit for very good prices.

Friday morning once everyone showed up we immediately proceeded to get supplies for the weekend (ie. visits to Trader Joe's and the liquor store), then did a stint by the pool again before slipping into rubber for our Formal Rubber Dinner which we did at Dink's. The amount of stares and inquisitive people coming to the table was marvellous! Afterwards we went back to the resort quickly then headed to Barracks Bar for the evening.

The rains started overnight Friday and didn't let up until Sunday morning. It was cold and miserable: I figured I should've just stayed home at that point since the weather would be better! Thinking that it was a tad ridiculous that a bunch of rubbermen would be complaining about the rain, Rubberfiend and I did a photo shoot in the early afternoon. It was a great session, probably the best photography I've ever seen of myself! It helps to have someone with professional equipment who knows what the hell they are doing with it. I was in my Spexter suit with straightjacket, inflatable butt plug and gag. The intent was that anyone could randomly inflate/deflate me, and this went on for some time later in the afternoon when everyone got back from shopping. I was edged so many times I lost count!

There was some more time around the hot tub, more rubber outfit changes from everyone, and we decided to grab some more food at Hamburger Mary's in the early evening, so we took over another three tables there. It was immediately back to Barracks for the first annual Rubber Pup Contest (pics now at West Coast Rubber website). There were two contestants and a great time was had by all! Almost everyone headed back to the resort afterwards, and after a period of time in the hot tub again, everyone was exhausted and went to bed.

The weather on Sunday was vastly improved; it looked a lot more like Palm Springs should be on a February day. We spent most of the day lazing and playing by the pool in various states of undress (of course, mostly in rubber). Most people left by Sunday evening, but Rubberchris32 decided to spend another night at the resort with me, we went out for dinner and then to Hunter's for a few drinks.

Monday morning, Rubberchris32 and I got up early and did another poolside photoshoot before having to get ready to head to the airport for the flight back to Vancouver. Rubberchris32 left for Los Angeles again soon after. I was glad to be heading home, but my rubber needs still weren't satiated!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid, It certainly sounds like you had a good time.If only you knew what I "dont " get uo to now.Having put a few extra pounds on i cant exactly see my self squashed into latex( it isnt fair to everyone who has to look)which is a shame as I love it so.
Martin is taking me over to New york for my 50th Birthday,nothing kinky,but we will be there for the 4th July celebrations.Cant wait!
I will be watching the winter olympics,what with all those tight bodies shoe horned into all that lycra.WOOF.:)
Dx

LemApp said...

My favorite resort in PS is Chestnutz. They guys that run the place do a great job and they feed you well.

Unknown said...

I understand that the guys that organize winter warmup each year do it at Helios because of the fetish/kink aspect of the weekend, which is welcome at Helios but maybe not so much so at some of the more 'conventional' men's resorts in Palm Springs. We don't wanna be scaring the vanilla population too much!!! ;)