Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Rise of Latex

There are more and more and more articles about the trend of latex having it's moment in the fashion world. I think we are definitely seeing more latex in general in the fetish world due to its exposure in fashion, music and film. With the release of 50 Shades of Grey this weekend, however you feel about the books and movie, it's possible that even more people will be exposed to the world of fetish because of it.

I have noticed more guys out there experimenting with rubber and I am trying my hardest to oblige those that want to try it out. I would love to build an arsenal of 'Try Rubbout Out" wardrobe that we could bring out for different events....I was impressed that RMSF has a few items donated by their sponsors that they keep available for guys to try on at their events. I will have to figure out how to do the same, and I'm thinking that at the Rubbout kickoff we might attempt that.

I feel that some of us well-embedded in the community have been banging the drums for a decade or two now, and we are finally seeing some return from our efforts in the interest latex holds for some guys in the younger demographic groups...it is becoming more acceptable and mainstream to experiment in your sexual interests and fetishwear is certainly becoming more visible outside the bedroom or dungeon.

No comments: