Monday, March 9, 2009

MRC Update

I noticed Doug just updated the Mr. Rubber Calgary blog tonight....

I'm still not definitively sure what is going on with the Mr. Rubber Calgary competition. It was going to be April 4th; we were going to have the demo night on the 3rd with different sponsors than Priape (who sponsor the rubber competitions nationally). Priape decided to take over sponsoring the entire weekend so we stopped soliciting different sponsors, then they decided to move the competition to June while I was in California. This essentially left the April 3/4 weekend open for anything (and us to do something rubbery sans sponsors). After talking to the bar owner and Priape manager last weekend, I said that I would do a vac-rack demo at the bar on April 3rd. I was under the impression that Doug was going to come with his Elenas inflatable ball to also demo on Friday, but now it sounds that he isn't going to come to Calgary at all...I mean, why should he?

Add to that the fact that I just found out this weekend that Chris Lake (my FAVE DJ du jour) is spinning for the first time in Calgary on April 3rd, and suddenly I have some adjustments and decisions to make. The Eagle already has ads up for a Mr. Rubber Calgary competition on April 4th (presumably printed before the latest decisions were made), but if I can't even get a demo going on Saturday, there may be nothing rubbery going on at all that weekend. More discussion is needed....

3 comments:

Collector2 said...

I'm still going to be in Calgary at the time but just a stop over on the way to Victoria / Vancouver to do some visiting and attend Rubbout. To be quite honest I'm not really pleased with being jerked around by Priape (but in all fairness its not the manager here's fault - he's tried to make things work but he has to follow what the head office tells him). Personally, IF we were to do a rubber night, I would say do it later when it can be done properly (Like was originally planned). Its not a good example for others to do a poor job of things. Nor is it a drawing card for those into rubber to come out when its billed as a rubber night but poorly done.

Doug

Unknown said...

Doug, I still think you're putting WAY too much emphasis on this. We're essentially starting with nothing, so anything is going to be an improvement. Like Master B said, the guys will appreciate anything at all, and the simpler the presentation at this point, the better. If you want to do something more elaborate at a later date, that's fine. I think for the April 3/4 weekend (now April 4th for me), a vacrack demo and or anything else will be a welcome change and at least stir up some thoughts about competitors/involvment from people for the June event.

Unknown said...

I'd certainly like to see something in addition to a vacrack demo happening, but if I'm the only one there running things, it's going to be a bit difficult. Audience participation will be mandatory! I wouldn't mind doing a bit of bondage but need to find volunteers...and someone for the vacrack.