Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Changes in my life....

...or so the song goes. I'm busy getting some stuff together for a potential move to Vancouver this summer. I had planned to spend one last summer here before moving to the Wet Coast, however the work situation has changed somewhat and I've found out it might even be possible to move in May at the earliest. It would certainly help the situation if I could move out there while still having a job and paycheck. I will soon know whether this is possible or not.

It sort of throws a wrench into a lot of the summer plans (racing season, flights already booked out of Calgary, etc.) but nothing that isn't changeable (with a few extra $$$, of course).

This is one of those rare opportunities in one's life when I can throw caution to the wind and make BIG changes. I'm freshly single, basically debt-free, ready to shed all the accoutrements of my life in Alberta, and resolved to get out of Cowtown and go somewhere different. It's going to be tough moving further away from family and friends and the life I've built here over the past 14 years, however I think that's an indication that a change in scenery is long overdue. All my friends in Vancouver are already welcoming me with open arms!

This may make the trip in April for Rubbout also an apartment-hunting trip as well. I will certainly know a lot more in the next couple of weeks whether this is going to be possible or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid,
For what its worth R,I feel you are doingh the rioght thing.I wish i had done something similar when iwas slightly younger,maybes my life would be much different.
I have a few regrets, dont get me wrong,i love where i live and my partner,but I think someimes that i should've been brave enough to make the changes needed.
Good Luck,I know you'll do the right thing.
best regards
Dcx