Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Olympians

As you all well know, every two years we get a big treat when the Olympics begin and the media barrage of lycra-clad hunks and hunkettes splash across our screen with the newest technical fabrics and national team colors. The summer version always shows more skin; the winter version always shows more clothing, albeit typically skintight, shiny and on a beautiful body.

With less than a month until Beijing, I think we're going to see even more dazzling lycra suits and even more beautiful bodies and the bar for athletic excellence continues to be set higher and higher.

Tyler Christopher always looks magnificent in his Nike full-body racing suit. I hope he's wearing this one in Beijing:


And I suspect most, if not all, swimmers will be wearing the new Speedo Lazr, if it doesn't get banned outright before the competitions. Personally, I think I liked the full-body Fastskins better, but who am I to complain?


As always, the track cyclists take the cake for me...they're always garbed in the tightest, shiniest, skinsuits of all!

I am a bit impartial though...it's my favorite sport after all....the question will be which national team will have the sexiest skinsuits?

We don't have long to wait to find out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Reid,
You know,these guys (even if they are straight)MUST realise how utterly horny they look in these suits?I wonder if they too look longingly at other bodies around them.
Duncan

Unknown said...

Well from my experience racing on the track for many years, Duncan, there are a lot of straight guys that really enjoy wearing lycra. Some a little too much!

Heard at the track:
"I think I'm going to buy another skinsuit."
"Why would you do that?"
"For training."
"Who wears skinsuits for training?"
"Well, I think they're cool."

And so it goes. I know most elite athletes are pretty narcissistic, so you can only imagine how many hours they spend admiring themselves in the mirror in their lycra at home, and what a kick they get out of wearing it all day at a track meet with lots of people around (a.k.a. 'chamois time')