Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy

Instead of enjoying this past week of beautiful summer weather, I've spent most of the last week holed up in various strategy and breakout war rooms writing code and providing system expertise while our work team has been rebuilding data access servers that catastrophically fell down and died last week. The failover blue screened three days after the primary server fell over, so effectively all hell has broken loose. The company's customers have not had access to the internal systems for over a week. The gravity of the situation has had the CEOs of both my service provider company and our customer to be involved. I've claimed 100 hours over the past seven days, so needless to say, the chance to hop into some rubber (or bed, for that matter) has been pretty slim!

I did manage to demand a night away from the madness - "out on parole" - for a few hours to attend a friend's annual summer party last night. The theme was a White Party and the entire house was decorated in black lights. My friend the host encouraged me to wear the white Libidex catsuit, so I obliged. The reactions of the diverse crowd at the party ranged from incessant curiosity to outright horror. I was just glad to slip into a 'little something more comfortable'. Even though it wasn't overly flourescent, it certainly turned a lot of heads!

I haven't been on the bike for over a week either. I'm freaking out! Provincials are in two weeks, Nationals in a month. I'm not ready.

I'm still working on some collaboration stuff with Pat for his upcoming cop/mafia stories. I can't wait to read the finished product.

No Rubberstud of the Week so far. Maybe two this week??

It's 3am with a 8am conference call coming way too soon. I gotta hit the sack.

No comments: