Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rubber polishing and rubber repair


Polishing your rubber brings a sheen out of the latex that makes it additionally sexy, and depending on what you use can even condition and lubricate the rubber as well. Some of my favorite products are Deviant Slick and Pjur Cult polishes. Deviant polishes to a sharper sheen, but Pjur's look lasts longer and it definitely also conditions the rubber better.

As far as rubber repair, this is something that I need to learn and practice, it's something I intend to do but haven't gotten around to yet. With all that useless latex in my closet, I think it's high time that I figure these skills out and start creating new pieces and repairing old ones!

Someday, I'd like to start designing my own rubber clothing. It would be very fulfilling personally and I think I would feasibly have to approach it this way, since commercially things seem to be saturated. For now, in puritan North America at least, the business prospects are not promising. It would definitely have to be an online venture with unique products that are unavailable to the European and Asian markets where the fetish is much, much bigger. Maybe it would be best to target emerging markets in particular, like Southeast Asia and South America? Imagine all those hot Latin men in skintight rubber! Mmmm.....

The biggest market would be in the customized rubber clubwear for women for sure, but I'm not particularly interested in this market and would need to find partners that are. For me, it's the men that look the best in rubber and this is the market I would like to focus my attention on. For men, currently rubber is basically black or nothing. It's slowly getting more colorful and I'd like to introduce rubbermen to the potentials of where their fetishes styles could lead. Dazzling colors, designs.....uh, maybe not. Now that I think about it, I think men are much more into the enclosure/sensation aspect of rubber then they are with how they look to others. At least compared to women. I think. Unless they're fucking on film. I'd definitely need to do some research in this area before considering a venture into retail rubber fetishwear sales.

Like I said, I think the market is saturated, at least in North America for online retailers. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find good quality latex manufacturers and rubber designers either. But it's something I'm definitely thinking about. Imagine being able to design and be passionate and aroused at the same time, while not working for the man!

No comments: