Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Rubbermen Groups

So, in my quest to build a local rubbermen group, I am aspiring to join this exclusive club. I've asked Sly Hands, the original designer of the first of the group logos to try and create something special for the Vancouver Rubbermen. Since his original designs, others have followed (or copied) his lead for other groups; I wanted to return to the source (because I'm that type of guy LOL).

I hope that we will be able to unveil the logo at Rubbout and get some exposure to the club - any exposure is good exposure at this time. And I'm trying to get the 'Vancouver Rubbermen' involved in Rubbout for visibility as well - hosting the equipment demos on Rubbout Saturday afternoon at Pumpjack.

Ultimately if it was ready for the next YVR Rubbermen meet in March that would be awesome but I will not be the one to pressure creativity!

It's gonna cost me some money out of my own pocket but I think I've found a new passion beyond what Rubbout has become but may not be for awhile going forward. Rob and I are completely wiped - Rubbout has grown to something so monstrous it has kinda gotten beyond what we can do. We haven't had any potential candidate for transition in the past five years - someone(s) with a passion and drive to start to take on Rubbout responsibilities eventually to take over. No hurry now - and I think this route of starting up a local community-focused group with year-round visibility, toning down Rubbout as a smaller spring party with the possibility of spinning up a Vancouver or Northwest Rubber title in the fall to feed into a Pacific Rubber titleholder contest in San Francisco (most likely) or possibly back in L.A. would give rubber a lot more reach in the Lower Mainland and BC in general (I hope), plus we'll be able to partner with Rainy City Rubbermen on a lot more initiatives.

Baby steps, baby steps...















No comments: