Friday, July 4, 2014

Vacation

I just had the last six days off and managed to have a wonderful break from work.

My friend J and I went down to Seattle for a couple of days to see the Robyn-Royksopp concert in Redmond and spent Friday night in the city. We spent Friday afternoon distributing Rubbout Pride Party posters around town and went out Friday night to the Dickslap Party at the Seattle Eagle. We had a lot of fun and came back to Vancouver on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday my friend Sharpen came to visit for a couple of days. We spent Sunday playing in the vac-cube and sleepsack.




Monday morning I took Mr. P in for his last chemo treatment. In the late morning Sharpen and I switched positions from the previous day....wonderful breathplay in the sleepsack, YUM!

We went to Third Beach Monday afternoon (where Sharpen badly burned his feet :( ....missed a spot with the sunblock there) and in the evening we met up with KSG and played late into Tuesday morning.




We bound Sharpen up in the straightjacket lashed to the sling frame for awhile, but his burns got the best of him and he went to bed. KSG and I worked each other in the sling for the rest of the night. Good times!


Yesterday I spent the entire morning cleaning the condo in anticipation of Mr. P coming home today.....last chemo treatment, thank god....and I spent the afternoon on a pub patio with J and then went to the Cancer Agency to spend the evening with Mr. P.

What a whirlwind of activity. This will be my last vacation until November when I go to Chicago for MIR and family Christmas in Alberta.

The weekend coming up promises to be quiet except for the VML Play Party at 8x6 on Friday night.

The rest of the month is busy with work, prepping for the Rubbout Performance piece at the Vancouver Fetish Weekend Military Ball on Friday, July 25, and of course the Rubbout Pride Party on Saturday, August 2nd.

Tomorrow night is the first Rubbout planning committee meeting with all the new members. There should definitely be a lot to talk about! :)

No comments: