Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tumblr

As some of you may know, I've started a Tumblr blog. It was really more out of curiosity than anything. I'm happy with the Blogger format and I've been here for what seems like forever, so why change now?

Part of the move might be Google's change to their Terms of Service for Blogger several months ago which led at least a few bloggers I know to head to Yahoo!land on Tumblr.

I already have a big collection of Tumblr blogs that I follow on my blogroll so I was curious how things roll out there...boy, if the blogosphere is already overwhelming to manage, Tumblr is the steroids that makes it huge! The amount of content and imagery is insane (well 98% imagery, 2% content), I find once you are following more than a dozen or so blogs, your feed is almost unmanageable to the point unless you are unemployed and online 23 hours a day, there's no way to stay on top of it. Maybe there's no need to; there is so much rich beautiful content on Tumblr. I can see why Tumblr has become so popular with men, especially gay men...for those that are visually driven, Tumblr certainly is a feast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeremy. Your advice is greatly appreciated. :)

cjros said...

Hey.
I didn't realize so much was going on with you. I only had the briefest inkling when we chatted just before the meeting last month. I hope things start looking up for you soon. I know we're not super close, but I'm always around to talk if you need it.