Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oh Science Fiction, look what you've done to me....

The author of "Chrome", George Nader, is the 50s actor and all around hunk whose partner was personal secretary to Rock Hudson (and Rock called the couple his 'family') so there is that which makes reading this even more interesting. A man that falls in love with a male robot, go figure. Look at those great chrome arms! Mmmm....

...and so many skintight spacesuits to be had. One book chapter I remember in particular was Robert Heinlein's "Space Cadet". There is a scene at the beginning of the book where a young cadet hopeful has to work his way through a physically challenging test maze and he's wearing a standard cadet issue full-body skinsuit. I remember fantasizing about it....and remember the boners it gave me to this day!

It wasn't just limited to outer space. I remember a couple of books I read of underwater worlds. I don't remember the title or the author of the one I'm citing here in particular, but the protagonist was a boy who explored the deeps wearing only a transparent facemask with a tiny attached filtration system that generated breathable air from the water. What glorious freedom that would have been (and a horny breath control system to boot)!

I realize where a lot of my perversions came from...my own imagination reading all that great mid-century sci-fi!

No comments: