Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Silence before Solstice

I'm very aware of the lack of posting recently. I'm not sure what's going on; I've felt very little inspiration to write, post, or even get into rubber a whole lot recently. I think it's the fact the sun is setting at 4 bloody P.M. right now that has made me lose any interest in anything other than cuddling with Mr. P recently.

I hope that will change this weekend with the Mr. Leatherman Vancouver contest (yours truly is a judge), but I just found out today we've got two production deployments in two different accounts happening this weekend for work, one on Saturday night and the other on Sunday during the day. Sounds like I might be running back and forth between fun events and crappy work obligations for most of the weekend. Oh well, it's better to get these long-delayed projects wrapped up before the holidays than have them drag on into mid-January, if only to get the project managers out of my hair.

Friday night is the beginning of Vancouver Leather Weekend with the VML XXXMas party at Numbers, the contest on Saturday evening, and a host of other events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I hope I can get to everything; as a judge it would probably look bad if I didn't, however the contest on Saturday starts at 9pm and my deployments are slated to start at 10pm, so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to swing that! Wish me luck.

Two weeks from today, solstice hits and then the days start getting longer again, thank jeebus. Hopefully I find the motivation to dive back into the thick of rubberland again soon.

No comments: