Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost Done

So, yeah, I haven't been very chatty on here the past few weeks.  Focusing on work and evening courses while stranded in the middle of suburbia can do that to you.  My only escape from the techno-burb where I'm staying is when I hop on the subway into downtown Toronto and stay with friends for the weekend.  I had a lot of fun last weekend, this weekend started out okay but ended quite badly.

So here is Toronto Hi-jinks, Round Two (literally):

I had fun out with friends on Friday night.  We hit a couple of lounges and a couple of clubs.  The crew headed to an afterhours, danced our asses off, stumbled out around 6:30, and without a place to stay I got a room at the bathhouse and crashed for four hours or so, even falling asleep with the thumpa thumpa music in my ears.  I got up and checked out around noon, went to my friends place to freshen up and then met with another friend for brunch and some cruising around Kensington Market and Queen Street shopping for jeans.

Saturday night I met up with basically the same gang as the night before.  We were all having fun until after last call when the couple in the group announced they were going to have an orgy at their place.  They had said they were opening up their relationship and I got an invitation....

Long story short, even if your friends claim they're an open couple and invite you to their place for a party with a couple of other guys, be very, very wary about getting into the car.  Read the reactions and signs of everyone....ESPECIALLY the couple. Chances are you are about to become a scapegoat for a very dysfunctional relationship that ends up in fury, jealousy and lost friends.   There were prescient signs there that I didn't pick up on, too much booze and chemical enhancements which made the outcome of the night a lot worse than it should've been.  Mixed up expectations and intepretations....  I'm pretty upset about the whole ordeal and unfortunately have lost some good friends in the process.

At any rate and partially because of this situation, I am chomping at the bit to get the hell out of this muggy hellscape and back to my homies on the West Coast.  Everyone here is far too high-strung, self-absorbed, and stressed.  I know where I belong and I can't wait to get home.

...and two weeks without rubber! Zounds! I am truly losing my mind!

No comments: