Monday, October 5, 2009

Something to contemplate...

From Wet Speedos on the Brain this morning:

Wet Speedos on the Brain is moving to Nibblebit.com. The new address is http://wetspeedosonthebrain3.nibblebit.com.

I am abandoning Blogger, since they appear to have no loyalty to gay bloggers who have made a home at Blogger and Google for many years. In the past two weeks I have watched numerous wonderful blogs vanish with no warning. So, even though Wet Speedos is not and never has been an adult site (although some people continue to blanch at the thought of a hot butt in wet blue lycra), I am taking no chances.

I have no intention of allowing Google to arbitrarily wipe away two years of work for no reason. And there is a matter of loyalty to friends and blogging colleagues to consider.

So, to all of you who are still on Blogger, I say enough is enough. Toss ‘em overboard. They would do the same to you without thinking. Besides, I like Nibblebits’ WordPress functions. They're pretty sophisticated.

If you have any doubts about what I'm saying, take a look at this new blog dedicated to following what Google has been up to recently: http://googlebloggerclosesgayblogs.blogspot.com. I think you will be as shocked as I was, and still am.

If you decide you want to stay with Google and Blogger, take the advice of this blogger over at MyDigitalLife.com, and remove your top banner bar on your blog -- as I have here. This banner bar contains the "flag" function that appears to have caused so much consternation for so many gay Blogger bloggers lately. Apparently, someone, or some group, with an "agenda" has been repeatedly flagging gay blogs to disrupt our fun, and Google has been falling for the trick.

So, farewell Blogger, hello Nibblebit.com. Thank you loyal readers. Please follow Wet Speedos to it's new home.

Again, the new address is http://wetspeedosonthebrain3.nibblebit.com.


I have contemplated what I would do if Blogger suddenly removed my blog for whatever reason. I had thought that I would simply just stop blogging...probably a good move in relation to my life and the amount of time I spend online, however I have found this blog to be such a labor of love and something that gives me a stiffy from time to time, that I would hate to just let it go. I am going to try to move the content of the blog somewhere else as a backup just in case Blogger does decide to do something like this. The disappearance of good blogs seems to be happening with increasing frequency so I don't want to take any chances. Good luck, fellow bloggers.

No comments: