Thursday, October 15, 2009

Black & Blue

The weekend in Montreal was fun. Saturday night was the Military Ball with pre-parties at L'Aigle Noir and Le Parking. Our crew went to the Eagle first, then went to Parking where DJ Ana Paula was playing -- $25 to get in. We decided to head downstairs to The Tunnel and K-Lub instead, but there wasn't much going on. The first night out in rubber was kind of a bust.

Sunday I went shopping with TORubber at Simon's. If you're ever in Montreal, you must go here to shop; every good gay has to check out Simon's at least once on a trip to Montreal or Quebec City. I dropped a bunch of money there on some new fall fashion, then went back to my friends' place for a disco nap prior to heading to Le Palais de Congres du Montreal for the Black & Blue party.

We got there around 12:30. I had to traumatically take my 30-hole Tred-Airs off to go through security then lace them up again on the other side. The shows were great, the highlight being the John Digweed/Sasha set which went from 2-8am. I left just before they were finished, when Dave Seaman took over. I realized around 6:30am how I've sort of moved past trance to other dance music forms like electro; the loops that were playing for 5 minutes without variation were starting to wear. And I must be getting old - if you've been to one circuit party, haven't you been to them all, drug enhancement or no enhancement?

Regardless, there were LOTS of gorgeous boys and girls in the crowd, most half-naked. I figured out that in order to 'mingle' with the boys in the crux of the crowd, wearing rubber pants and shirt probably wasn't the best wardrobe choice. Next time, I'll just go nearly naked.

No comments: