Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Giving Thanks

As some of you may or may not know, the upcoming weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving, coinciding with Columbus Day weekend in the U.S. The difference is Canada gets a stat holiday on Monday!

Whoo!

My plans? Well, I am a huge Kylie Minogue fan (almost as big as Ruff) who is in the middle of her first-ever North American Tour. I think every gay man on the continent is attending at least one of the shows in six cities (Ruff is going to four!) and my turn comes on Friday in Toronto. I am flying to Toronto Friday morning, taking in the concert, and the pre- and post-concert parties with Nicemuscles and friends...heading back to the incomparable Fly after the show. Maybe Kylie will show up for the Grapefruit-Club Kylie party? Her gorgeous dancer Marco da Silva is playing Fly on Saturday...could happen...wishful thinking....:)

My friend TORubber and I are heading to Montréal on Saturday for the legendary Black & Blue weekend. We are planning on attending the Uniform and Military pre-parties on Saturday night, visiting with friends, then the main Black & Blue party at Le Palais des congrès on Sunday night.

I fly back to Toronto on Monday afternoon, then back to Vancouver Monday night. We are planning on rubbering up for the pre-parties and the main event. I will most likely take my pewter catsuit and gear for the Saturday parties, and thematically wear black and blue on Sunday! I'm so looking forward to a stimulation-filled weekend!


Have a good one, everyone! For those affected, Happy Gobble Gobble Day. I'm so thankful for everything I have including my health and happiness and all of you. Be in touch next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Reid,
You will thoroughly enjoy yourself at the Kylie concert.Martin and I went to see her at the Newcastle Arena (which is about 500 yards from our apartment) in 2008.The dancers were amazing.I'm not a fan of hers(martin is),but I did enjoy the whole thing.I would go again.Gay men galore at the concert and plenty of Kylie lookalikes.
Have a great time!
Dx

Unknown said...

There's been nary a bad review or critique of the show, choreography or anything during the North American tour. This is prob the best thing she could've done to promote herself on this side of the pond. I think most of the concert attendees are gay men that have been fans forever, though. Gay-a-rama!! LOL

Ruff said...

Oh man, I saw her 4x on this tour (making a total of 7). Monday night, she blew a kiss directly at me. Last night, she took a T-shirt I had made for her.

But it was really for her dancers. LOL!

-Ruff