Monday, June 15, 2009

Results

Whew! What a rubbery weekend! I can't recall being in so much rubber as I was this past one in quite a long time.

Friday night was the VML party and the Cube demo. I still have the pressure marks on my back to prove I was in the Cube!
Saturday night was the Mr. Rubber Vancouver contest.
Yesterday I was just horny and spent most of the evening in latex.

Saturday night was a lot of fun. Despite ending the contest as first runner-up, I can respect and appreciate the judges' decisions. Since the event was hosted by Priape, they had an agenda and particular qualities they wanted to see in the winner. I think they made the better selection for the winner once all the numbers were calculated and it was fully understood what they were looking for.

For Priape, the intention of the Mr. Rubber Vancouver position is to foster more growth through association with the leather community here in addition to working more closely with the Seattle fetish groups. Admittedly, I had the 'new guy to town' factor working against me. The winner, Paul, has been active in the Vancouver leather community for years so is obviously well-connected and networked within the community. To date, I have not had a lot of interaction with the leather communities and I know this is something I need to work on.

My fantasy scene with my rubberslave was by far the best fantasy scene entry, but being the ultimate rubberman was not what the judges were looking for.

I was feeling a bit sad about the outcome yesterday but realized it wasn't a personal thing -- I got lots of kudos that I did the better job from a rubber perspective. The judges came with a mandate to find someone who could well represent the community concentrating on local development in multiple ways and a lot of it came down to networks. I have yet to develop mine and I realized that that was the reasoning behind the results. There's always next year! LOL

In the meantime, I can think about how I'm going to get more involved in the Vancouver communities. I will support Paul and the rubber and leather communities here as much as I can and make some good connections over the next year, hopefully. Without the responsibilities of the titleholder, I can also just attend the events, socialize and look pretty!

As much as the exhibitionist in me loves the competition aspect of the rubber contests, I'll probably postpone my sash-quest for awhile and focus on fostering my connection building within the gay sports and fetish communities for the next year. This weekend sapped a lot of energy and took focus away from a lot of other events I ended up missing that I should have been at.

I know there were a lot of pictures taken. With the floodlights on us I couldn't really tell where anything was coming from, but hopefully there will be photos of the competition on various sites soon. I'd love to see what everything looked like from the audience perspective! The bar was packed, and I had a lot of supporters out -- I love you guys!

1 comment:

ChicagoPissBoy said...

Congrats on 1st runner up! I admire you for entering. It sounds like fun.