Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vancouver

I'm having a great time in Vancouver this week. It has been a good opportunity to catch up with a lot of old friends (most of whom are Calgary transplants). Everytime I come here I marvel at the vitality of the city, especially the downtown, and everytime I wonder why I'm not here already??? I gotta get the bug in the boy's head about moving out here someday soon.

I went out last night on the Davie Street strip with some friends and I'm planning on going to Leather Night at the Pumpjack Pub on Saturday with some other friends. We are planning on going in rubber so I packed some outfits in my duffel bag for the trip. It should be a fun night, rain or shine!

I've been spending quite a bit of time at the Burnaby Velodrome the past few days. Racing officially started for certain categories yesterday but I don't race until Friday. Just because I'm not racing there's no excuse not to go and take in all the sights track cycling has to offer! Buff bodies, aerodynamic bikes, lycra skinsuits.....mmmmm.

I've been taking quite a bit of video while there, so hopefully I can edit my clean shots into something for Facebook and my perv shots into something more suited for this blog for you guys to enjoy!

One of my teammates and I are bunking together and we were responsible for bringing out all the bikes last weekend (we brought out 10 in all! A new packing record!). I'll be writing more as the week progresses. Wish me luck!

No comments: