Monday, August 18, 2008

Heat

Guh - it's 35C here today - a new record for Calgary. Too hot to do much of anything.

The weekend was in the low 30s as well. It's something us Canadians don't get too much of, especially this late in the summer so I'm trying to take it in as much as possible. I relished in the heat this weekend at the track cycling Provincials in Edmonton, where I managed a silver in the Master A men's Omnium. I was pretty happy with my results; it sets me on a high for the Nationals in Burnaby starting next week.

Meanwhile, I finally put my order into Syren today for the black latex cap and a red raglan-sleeve zip-up shirt. They're pricy, but their stuff is to die for, and I haven't found a cap anywhere that I liked as much as this one.

I think this shirt will complement my Polymorphe sailor pants very nicely. Now all I have to find are some rubber boots. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nicely-shaped black rubber boot? I see some pics with nice boots, however I have yet to find a retailer that I can order from.

1 comment:

Blackie said...

Your rubberstuds are really horny. How long can they last in rubber and how hot? A tough rubberist takes and enjoys heat endurance. It is amazing what training can do and of course it needs rubberist self-discipline, helped out if possible by applied discipline.

30C is hot - too hot for even me in rubber. I love as you know going around in public in as near total enclosure as I dare in public in hot weather, sweating all day and enjoying the attention and beingphotographed. See Blackierubberised.blogspot.com .

Interesting to hear about the latex cap from Syren - I must try to get one. If you have any luck with boots particularly unlined suitable for walking, no heels, I should be glad to hear. A riding boot style is good.

Blackie
aka traineelatex