Sunday, August 3, 2008

Long weekend

It is the August long weekend in certain Canadian provinces, including Alberta. I don't really have any plans -- I'm going to a (my first gay!) wedding tomorrow for a couple of close friends, and I received news that my cousin died from a heart attack on Friday. Sunrise, sunset....RIP Bob.

I went out to the Eagle last night after the stag party wearing my Latexworks tank top. There weren't too many guys in the bar last night, but I did get the opportunity to talk to the manager about scheduling our potential Rubber Night. The weekend of October 3/4 seems to be the date that is going to work, a week after the Mr. Calgary Leather competition. I will need to relay the news to the Priape guys to see if they want to be involved, but it sounds like Doug and I are going to go ahead with this. How exciting!

I've been doing some repairs to some latex items this weekend. I got one of my white Libidex gloves caught in the hood zipper, so I've underlaid a finger from another latex glove inside the index finger, which appears to have worked to cover the rips and strengthen the finger. I also had to fix a tear in my double sheath shorts, which broke during the last photo shoot for Pat's 'Encasement' story. I did another photo shoot this morning with my transparent shirt which also had a tear in it that needed some TLC. Damn molded rubber! It is very hard to keep intact and very difficult to fix, however the job I did on these items seems to be okay. I guess we'll have to see if they will stand up to more playtime in the near future.

As for new gear, I haven't had my eye on anything in particular other than a Syren latex cap, which I plan to order in the next few days. This was the one I saw at the Leather Market at IML but was sold out of my size the next day when I went back to buy it.

I also got a call from Samsung regarding my camcorder battery....they aren't going to replace it, so now I'm going to have to wait (and pay for) a new one. So the good-quality video I hoped to do soon will have to wait.

Here are some pics from the shoot this morning. Some of my more eclectic latex items. I think some of them turned out pretty good!




If you have a long weekend this weekend, enjoy it!

No comments: