Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Restraining against restraint

My fixation on some new items finally compelled me to actually purchase them. I had put a limit on my latex budget for the year (you'd think the white Libidex suit would be enough, wouldn't you?), but I had to make an exception for what I feel will complete my wardrobe additions for 2008. Until the Next Great Idea pops into my head, of course...I'm looking at you, rubber Mountie outfit!

After much surfing and discussion, I decided to go with Twist My Rubber Arm for the double sheath shorts, condom mask and another CB sheath. I couldn't see any difference between what TMRA was offering compared to MEO or Blackstyle, and because they are Canadian I decided to go with them again. Despite some other guys' objections to TMRA quality, I honestly have not had any problem with them. I own a pair of leggings, a long-sleeve zip jacket and a vacuum bed from them, and I've found all of them to be more than satisfactory.

I also went ahead and bought the new STR sleeveless catsuit I had been thinking about buying today. I bought it in pearlsheen blue. I know that that color is a bit of a cliche, but I'm really attracted to blues (I don't own a blue suit yet), and particularly pearlsheen! Much the same as my pearlsheen pewter catsuit, this one will certainly stand out. I got it accessorized with a six-popper button codpiece, and because STR's buttons are stainless steel, I got the back zipper in silver also. I think it will be a hot hot hot looking outfit! I haven't really thought much about accessorizing that one -- it will be my summer public outing suit, and so I may not add anything else to it. IMO, it will look just fine as is, and could also look very summery if worn with rubber sandals or even Vibram's Fivefingers! I gotta get Captain Jim's take on those as he is a big fan.
Nice FF Sprints in bright blue to match the suit???

I also talked to the manager at Calgary Priape about getting a pair of the Polymorphe sailor pants in stock to claim my prize from the Mr. Calgary Rubber contest. I thought it would be a good idea to get these before IML with piping on the pants matching the piping on my title vest...I don't have anything with red or red detailing in it...yet. I want the ones with the red tri-stripe down the leg, so he's getting them shipped in from Toronto. I knew they had them in stock there as I checked out the store a couple of weeks ago when I was there on conference. They might even be here by the end of the week! Yahoo!
I know the new STR suit won't be here in time for IML, but I hope it will be here for Pride! I'll probably march in the STR catsuit with the Mr. Rubber Calgary vest, or possibly the Polymorphe sailor pants with vest, but it would be fun to change into the blue STR suit for the afternoon parties (if it's warm enough, of course).

So there I go -- still not satisfied with what I already have. I'm such a hypocrite. An out-of-control rubber-crazed hypocrite. And vain too. Always planning my outfits around the next public opportunity or photo shoot to show off a new outfit or accessory. It's all so exciting and arousing to me. I can't help it.

My only concern is that in this flurry of buying over the past year, everything will start decomposing around the same time five or ten years from now. Hopefully there will be a lot of cool new stuff to consider getting at that time and lots of great adventures between now and then!

No comments: