Thursday, February 7, 2008

On Vacation

I'm still on vacation --- enjoying the hot hot weather with the bf on the Texan Gulf Coast and the Rio Grande Valley. We've been having a great time checking out the sights. We got to South Padre Island yesterday but there wasn't much going on...the wind was blowing so hard that even the parasailers and windsurfers were having a hard time of it, so there wasn't even any eye-candy in wetsuits to check out, nevermind any scantily-clad beach hunks. We have been doing a lot of shopping down here as well. I had bought a few pairs of shoes (okay, five (including my new Asics 2130 running shoes!)) at the Mercedes Outlet Mall as well as Academy Sports in Brownsville. The Academy stores are great -- so much Under Armour and Nike Dri-Fit in stock. There weren't any great specials on so I hadn't bought any gear yet, but today by chance we were at the store in McAllen and I found some Nike Dri-Fit running tights on the clearance rack for $20! Awesome! I really needed some lightweight tights anyways...my Under Armour ones have seen thousands of kms of use and quite a few stitch jobs on the seams already -- they are pretty close to retirement age already. I've run/cycled a few pieces of tech gear to pieces, but I must say those Under Armour Heatgear tights have withstood the most punishment of anything I've ever owned.

Other than the adventures down south, I got good news from STR the other day via email. The catsuit damage will be covered under warranty, so they are replacing the busted suit with a completely new one. I was just anxious to get any suit back, repaired or not, so this comes as a bit of VERY good news. Hopefully I'll have both the STR suit and my Invincible order in my hands by the end of the month!

We fly back on Saturday, so I will have all day Sunday to psyche myself up again before hitting the ground running again at work on Monday. I plan to spend all of Sunday in rubber and get some long-overdue video editing done. I still have stuff on the camcorder from the end of November that needs to be converted and streamed online! I still have financial reports to finish for my bike team, but that may or may not get done this weekend. It is still February and hella cold in Canada so there'll be ample opportunity to mope around inside out of the cold and get obligations done. I should get it done before the new rubber shows up since I know that I tend to get a bit distracted on weekends when that happens!

Still no information on any good seat sales coming up for IML Chicago in the spring. Air Canada just announced a 24-hour sale up for flights up to April 30th. A bunch of my cycling buddies and I typically go to Tucson, Arizona or California every spring to get a week of endurance riding in before racing season starts. I don't think I'm going to have enough vacation time to spare this year, but everyone's talking Tucson again to take in the Tucson Bicycle Classic at the end of March. I'll be trying to arrange something that will work so I can take in the heat of Arizona, plus the heat of Chicago in May! LOL

No comments: