Tuesday, August 29, 2017

To Save or Not to Save?

It is always the greatest lament of a rubberman. We know the latex loves of our lives age and have a due date, but when do you say enough is enough, end the cycle of repairs and let a rubber suit die with dignity?

It's such a metaphor for life in general. Latex fetishism can be so metaphysical at times.

I always have a hard time with this; you can feel and smell the aging of a cherished rubber piece and try to deny that it is on its way to the storage bin or the dumpster for good. You can never have enough cherish sex adventures with your favorite pieces.

I bought my Spexter suit in late 2008, I believe. It has given me so much JOY over the years and has been a major part of many of my best photo shoots and videos on Xtube. I had had the foot fixed once a few months ago but last week the main part of the suit gave way to a foot long tear in the torso as I was putting it on. Now I'm not so sure if I want to repair it or not.

I know a large part of my old wardrobe from the late Naughts is in its final cycle of wear. Those were the days I was prolific and most likely a little crazy in my purchases. It was also when I was on the title circuit. So many colors, so many great styles. So many great memories are attached to these outfits from those days. It's making it very hard to let go.

What do you think I should do? Make the repair to give the suit another six months of life or let it die with dignity and a proper respectable wake?

1 comment:

sfrubbergear said...

I'm a firm believer in repairing it until it's no longer possible to repair. If it's catastrophic failure, then, of course, it's probably time to let it go. But if you can repair it, you can at least wear it around the house for fun or for more heavy duty play sessions, and then you put less stress on your more pristine 'going out' rubber. Fixed, you've got an extra item that you can let newbies try on. Or, you can send it my way - and I can make the repair and put it to good use ;)