Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lots Going On...


First off, it looks like I might have a job!  I have been given an offer from a IT services company that so far looks like a great opportunity and is actually going to pay out relatively well!  I'm getting pretty excited!

It would be such a great relief to finally get back to work; now the issue is going to be balancing a new job that will take me between Vancouver and Victoria weekly (at least to start), trying to find time to work on Rubbout details, and in addition to that I'm starting a new Technical Writing course tomorrow night that runs right up to Rubbout as well.  Yikes!  I certainly seem to be able to cram my schedule as full as possible with great regularity for some insane  reason.

That's why I'm trying so hard this week to get Rubbout stuff confirmed and updated.  I need to get a lot of this settled and out of the way by March 4 as I have a feeling I won't have as much opportunity to work on this stuff after that point as much as I want or feel I might need.  At any rate, it will all fall in together for sure.

There are some big announcements coming up for Rubbout before the end of February; I'm pretty excited about what we have and are going to roll out for the event next week!  It's been a lot of work to get it into place but it is so worth it :)

So, despite all of this, I have to stay elated that I'm off to L.A. on Friday morning for another rubbery and sexy weekend in Palm Springs with all the regular suspects at West Coast Rubber 2013!  C is picking me up at LAX and we are buzzing out to Palm Springs almost immediately.  I am looking forward to the weekend, the parties, the play and all the rubber I can cram into 72 hours.  It will be the last break I get like that for awhile!  So, for those coming to WCR, see you in a few days; to the rest of you, come next year (or come to Rubbout instead! LOL)

3 comments:

Jim said...

I always liked this picture A LOT! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pic indeed :-)
And spending time with a Technical Writing course is never wasted time. Though rubber and related topics are much dearer to our hearts ;-)
Take care!
A TechWriter from Budapest

rubberdc said...

Reid, bloody well done on you for getting a job(potentially) I am very happy for you.Your life will be full for the next year mate, with all that rubber going on,btw,love the new pics and i agree with your comments on the positioning of said rubberguy.Martin and I are vacationing in NYC in May and I cant wait. We will be going to see Nathan Lane in "Nance" and Bette Midler.
Well done once more
LOVE
DCx