Saturday, December 22, 2012

R.I.P. Nicemuscles

I posted birthday greetings to my old friend Steven's Facebook page yesterday and got a response from a friend of his that he passed away this summer on June 4th.  I'm in shock!  The last time I talked to him was in the spring just after I got laid off.  I'm still trying to find out what happened, but I'm freaked out that I didn't know and that this seems to have happened so suddenly.

Steven was supposed to compete at MIR last year as Mr. TORN Rubber Toronto and stay with me in the host hotel in Chicago but ended up being very sick with the flu over that week and decided to skip the weekend.  I'm sort of shocked that no one in Toronto posted or communicated anything about him passing, especially the TORN people.  I'm not sure what's going on there.  I'm sad that I never followed up on him this summer or fall; he would call me with regularity, I guess in the mire of things this year I never monitored things closely enough.

May you rest in peace, Nicemuscles.  It was an honour knowing you, bonding with you, playing with you, my rubber brother.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I'm sorry about your friend. It can be difficult finding out so far afterwards, too. I did not know him but it seems you found a nice picture of him to post.

Unknown said...

Yeah, pretty sad news to get just before Christmas. He was a great guy, very smart, cunning businessman, loved what he did and loved to play. I'm going to miss him.

Aqualaguy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend of 27 years over Memorial Day weekend, and it still hurts. My sincerest condolences to you\