Friday, September 7, 2012

More Gratuitous Male Crotch Shots, Please

Olivia Newton-John played at the PNE here in Vancouver on Monday night, and this inspired me to find a bunch of her old music online and also led me to browse some old John Travolta stuff (BTW: she was AMAZING for an old bag....she's the same age as my mom!).  Here is the film intro montage for 'Stayin' Alive'.  I remember this so well from my youth; all those gratuitous male crotch and ass shots and hot sweaty men in tights.  Has there been another movie since then that was so homoerotic and mainstream?  I think THAT film genre fizzled out with the prudish Reagan years.

Another one of those 'salient moments' on my budding homo and perviness path?  Perhaps.  It was also the period when John Travolta was openly gay....*sigh*

\


No comments: