Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rubbout Aftermath

I am still trying to recover....still a lot of cleanup to do. I'm trying to get some of the sponsor shipments sent back today; I'm fearful of the costs, but that's a part of doing business. Financial review tonight.

We got lots of accolades about the weekend, some even saying it was the best time they've had in Vancouver in years, however we were trampled attendance-wise at the Slick Dance on Saturday night due to the barrage of events going on earlier in the weekend, plus several other factors we will need to review at our discovery meetings in the coming weeks. There are still areas where we fell short, and as a organizing committee we didn't meet some of our main objectives. We'll be lucky to break even; despite being happy that the party made everyone else happy, I'm personally debating whether the 150+ hours I put towards the weekend are worth it considering Rob and I might be looking at personal financial loss over the whole thing. At any rate, I'm just glad to be having a few weeks after this one to just relax and start gearing towards looking for a new job and getting back in shape. Maybe my attitude on the whole thing will wane in the coming weeks. I think I'm crabby because, once again, I didn't get much play in during the weekend. I did make it over to Rouki's room at the hotel on Sunday for a couple hours of vacuum bliss and abuse in the vac-bed.

Anyways, lots of pics to come on Rubberzone, Rubbout.com, Leatherati.com and here too.

No comments: