Thursday, October 28, 2010

Repairs

The big downside of being such a latex freak is that is seems you're constantly fixing something. There are always seams that are coming loose, pinholes forming in stress points, and a multitude of rips and tears that happen due to simply being out in public and exposing your latex to the elements (and yes, that includes other people, especially those who think snapping latex is somehow good for it).

As I had mentioned a few weeks ago, my black Invincible neck-entry catsuit weakened and let go right down the front from the neck to just above the codpiece hole. I was worried that it might not be repairable but James at Hypershine (website coming soon!) did a great job of rescuing one of my favorite suits from the recycle bin! He had to add strips of latex along the zipper he put in to deal with the angle of the rip being replaced, and I think he did a damn fine job! As I picked up the catsuit, I dropped off another sleeveless catsuit that has old glue that is giving away on the seams. This one needs to be re-glued in large sections of the seams. It's something I could've done myself but because the seams are in very obvious places I preferred having someone with the expertise and tools to do it cleanly. And the cycle continues...

No comments: