Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do...

Loving the remixes to Robyn's new song.  They ring so true for me these days.

'(insert whatever)...is killing me'

There's so much going on.  This is the regrettable part of Canadian summer.  After a long winter of nothing to do, suddenly you're faced with many options everyday, and always feeling like you're missing out because you have to opt out on so many things; there's that much going on.  Okay, maybe it's not a Canadian summer thing and more a general living thing, but there's definitely a difference in activity/event levels between July and January up here.

Because I'm trying to do so many things, the blog gets a little boring because I am posting so little original material.  But that will definitely change again in the fall, as it always does.

As much as the 30C weather has been ace the past few weeks, it has certainly limited the rubberplay, as I can attest to last night when I had the opportunity to hang out with Gummibike, Rouki, and Macabail.  Mac's apartment was SO hot we could do nothing but just sit on the couch like blobs of melted what-have-you and watch TV! LOL  We did end up wrapping Gummibike in palletwrap for a short duration so Macabail and Rouki could get their comeuppance for events that unfolded on Friday evening...

I was glad to take the opportunity to get to know these guys better.  They're very intelligent, very cute, very fun, and very kinky! :)

Unfortunately I didn't play with them on Friday, but I was prepping for the annual feat of endurance bike ride up to Mount Baker on Saturday.  It was 33C and after 160km I felt thoroughly and completely ass-kicked.  It was a good ride with a good crew and I can't wait until next weekend to do some more distance.

It looks like it might be the last weekend for awhile for riding.  Next weekend I'm heading to a play party weekend in Washington (incidentally Macabail and I will be travelling down there on the same train)....sure looking forward to meeting new kinksters and getting to know some of the guys I've met before better.  I really feel strongly about forging ties between the Vancouver-Seattle-Portland contingent of guys....there's strength in numbers and it wouldn't take much additional effort for us to communicate better and support each other's events.  I envision someday having a huge fetish/rubber weekend event that people from all over the world would fly to attend, something that could be circulated between the three cities, giving each local organizing committee a couple of years of breather space in between organizing their big event.  Wouldn't that be totally cool?  I can dream...

After getting back from that weekend on the 29th, I'm off to Los Angeles on September 1st for the West Coast Rubber weekend.  I was originally planning on heading up to San Luis Obispo to visit a good friend on Wed/Thurs/Fri, but now it looks like I can't book these days as vacation days so might have to work remotely on those days.  I'm not too happy about it.  That really sucks but shouldn't be too bad.

The reason for this being that I took extra vacation days while I wasn't charging to any projects in April to go back to my hometown and hang out with my family after the tragedy that struck my cousin and her family. I was sort of under pressure to use vacation days to keep my billable hour ratios higher, but now I'm regretting the decision to use the days then even though I'm not regretting going home for that period of time.  I wish this all could've worked out differently, obviously, but the shit that's happened this year has all been out of my control.

It looks like I will use a vacation day on the Tuesday after the long weekend, and save one more for the Monday after Folsom on Sept 27th.

As for what I'm going to do for vacation days in order to attend MIR and Xmas in Alberta, stay tuned...I don't quite have that one figured out yet....the best option might be just to find a new job, it would be a great change on many, many levels.  I can't really complain about my current situation though.  Working from home is a good albeit lonely gig, especially when I can wear latex to the office.

No comments: