Monday, May 4, 2009

Arrival

I made it into Vancouver around 5:30pm on Saturday. I left Calgary around 6:30 PDT so I made decent time. It took me about 3 hours to unload the van and I can't thank my Calgary friends that helped me load up the van enough. Once everything was in the 600 sq. ft. apartment I realized that I had brought a lot of extra shit I wish I could rid myself of, however as I've been unpacking the amount of stuff really isn't too bad. Of course I unfurled the rubber out of the bags as one of my first tasks since the bag had been packed under a lot of stuff in the van.

Today was shopping day: new TV, new wall unit (for all the CDs, DVDs, cassettes, etc. etc. that I was obliged to bring even though I didn't really want to). The Visa was burning through charges so quickly today the fraud detection group gave me a call in the middle of the day!

I figure I'll take the rest of the week to complete the transformation enough that I will no longer need to be obsessive-compulsive about everything. I can't wait until next weekend when I'll finally be able to go out!

Almost back to regular posting; it's that close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid,
You sound so excited mate its springing from the blog!lol.
It can be annoying,frustrating even when one moves home,but,its also VERY exciting too.
Once you get sorted and have all the boxes emptied and the furniture almost where you wanted it,it gets tweeked now and then as you change your mind,etc etc
One doesnt realise how much stuff we accumulate over the years.
Martin and I got rid of books,cds,furniture even as we got our apartment sorted,its surprising how much you can live without.
Anyway,good luck in your new place.
regards Duncanx

Brad said...

Well, Reid, here's my official "welcome to Vancouver" greeting! Makes me reminisce about my move here from Calgary in 1985! Ugghhh...am I really that old???
Regards...Brad

Unknown said...

Thanks Brad. I will call you as soon as things get settled down a bit. Thanks for the wishes Duncan!