Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reality

Well, the final inspection of the penthouse was completed yesterday and we passed with flying colors. Three solid days of cleaning really do pay off! It's pretty surreal to see the old apartment completely emptied and no longer ours. It was a great pad and I'll miss it dearly.

But with that behind us the attention is now focused on getting everything of the Ex's unpacked in his new apartment and me getting everything properly packed for my trip on Saturday. I've been living out of towers of boxes in his spare room while sleeping on the couch. Telus finally transferred the phone line service to the new place this morning so I'm back on the Internet and don't have to go into the office today! Woo hoo!

I got my kitchen stuff packed last night plus the remainder of the clothes. Now there is the matter of errant open boxes of crap that were thrown together plus looking for things that I know exist but I'm not sure are packed. A few of those things might have to wait until I'm back in Calgary in November for Christmas and can drop by Joe's place to pick up or drop off whatever (that includes you, Xmas decorations).

The rubber will most likely get packed on Friday afternoon shortly before getting put in the U-Haul.

One more day of honest packing, tracking down people to take a few remaining donatable things, and that should be it. I hope to be free Thursday night to have one last evening at the Ship & Anchor (my local pub) and then pack the U-Haul truck on Friday. Right now, it's only me so if anyone wants to help...

Next report - most likely from Vancouver! How exciting! I hope the weather through the Passes will be tolerable...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid,
Here I am ,Drunk on a Wednesday afternoon.Have you ever been drunkand wanted to talk to someone on the other side of the world?
Normally when i read your blog I feel inspired.today,Im not so sure.....stay with me.A while back you admitted to the world that you werent Matt.The matt that we had loved,you recall?
I am Duncan,from Newcastle upon Tyne,but ..I have always thought ...... what do you think of my mails.I think you are a thoroughly great fellow!I love what you wear and how you think.I'm sure i gave you my email address ages ago.In some ways I have been inspired by you.What on earth keeps you going?
This IS so obviously the only way I can communicate with you.I wish we could meet.NOW that would be fantastic.to put a face to the name. have you thought that you may have inspred someone?
I wish You (always) the best .And someday to meet with you Duncan Cooper.

Unknown said...

Hey Duncan, I really do appreciate that you think so highly of my activities and thoughts. And that you tune in regularly. It's guys like you that really motivate me to keep this blog going. Especially when I'm exhausted, worn out, sick, or not in the mood (like I am currently).

In the 'real' world I'm pretty modest; I'm sure that really doesn't come through on this blog. I actually don't take compliments very well, and I'm pretty humbled when someone says very positive things (especially after a few pints on a Wednesday afternoon!).

I'd really like to meet you someday too, and for sure when I plan the itinerary for the Europe trip next year that I will take some time to come 'north of London' and actually meet you and some of the other fantastic guys I've met over the years from that region of the world (plus take in some rubber shopping in Nottingham and HOPEFULLY ride the velodrome in Manchester!). I'm not sure if I have your email -- I probably would've started a dialogue with you sometime ago if that was the case. At any rate, email me your addy at speedoguru@yahoo.ca.