Sunday, April 5, 2009

Calgary Eagle Rubber Demo Night

Last night we held a rubber bondage demo night at the Calgary Eagle. It was a complete blast! The demos went without a hitch, the scene bottoms were excited and eager, and there were lots of guys dressed up in latex and leather on top of everything else! I met a lot of new guys and I think we did a great job of exposing latex/rubber bondage to people who wouldn't otherwise see this stuff and opening a new realm of possibilities to them. The bar owner/manager was very happy with how things went. We got so many positive comments on how things ran, and the questions....! I felt like an idiot at points trying to answer obscure, unexpected questions as eloquently as I could. There was one guy that came up to us early in the evening that was completely stressed out about the whole thing and needed some calming down. I wasn't quite sure how best to approach the situation, but he seemed okay with everything by the time he left.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

Around 10:45 we started with the vac-bed demo. We put the bottom into the bed and turned on the vacuum and invited anyone who wanted to to come up to the table and polish, touch, ice, heat whatever they wanted. The bottom was a first-timer and thoroughly enjoyed himself! In fact, he was in the bed for almost a half-hour, which was impressive for the first time.



At 11:15 we put Calgboi in the heavy latex sleepsack provided by GearCollector2. The same hijinks ensued; polishing, massaging and icing by many many eager hands. Calgboi was unhappy to get out 25 minutes later.





At 11:45 Gearcollector got Dean into the Elenas bondage ball. This was the item that got the most comments, obviously. It is such a strange looking piece once the inflatable hood is put on. Dean had a blast. We tried some vibration synchronization with four guys around the ball for awhile before Dean got out. Fun!



IMO this was a great pre-cursor to the Mr. Calgary Rubber competition on June 5. I did realize however that I won't be here (living, anyways) in June so I'm not even sure if I'll be around for the competition. However, the word last night was that Priape is hosting Mr. Calgary Leather on Saturday night (June 6) so it's going to be a fetish perv weekend and a lot of people from elsewhere are supposed to be coming for it so I don't think there will be any shortage of judges and organizers. The issue might be participants, and I tried my damnedest to sell the idea of competing to a few guys I think would do a good job of it. Hopefully it ends up being a great event. I might try to get back for it if I can get a cheap flight.

Alas, I got no pics of myself, although I know there are a few floating around. There were cameras everywhere, including the GayCalgary magazine photographers. Good exposure!

No comments: