Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not much rubberiness going on....

I've been so busy with the new job that I've hardly had any quality rubber time the past few weeks. I've noticed that even the rubber fetish sites have been quieter than usual. Maybe it's just an introspective time of year; everyone's sobering up from the summer and the days are getting so short that the reality of winter is imminent.

I had posted this question to some rubber friends and discussion boards -- what is the best glue to use for rubber repair, and is there anything worth buying in North America? I had read that European glues were better because there were some compounds in it that couldn't be put in N.A. glues. Weird. Despite everything, the only response I got was a suggestion to buy from Blackstyle in Germany, since they will sell as much as you need instead of only selling in those tiny tubes. So that's on the must-get list as well in addition to those kick-ass Blackstyle rubber toe socks! Hot!

I had run out of glue a few months ago while fixing yet another tear in the Latexa catsuit. As it happened, I ripped another hole in the crotch and ass ("the other cheek") this past weekend while donning the suit, lubed up with silicone lube and bodyglide lubricant. Apparently this wasn't enough -- and strangely enough, previous tears have happened when slipping in lubed up with the same concoction. I believe the silicone lube doesn't allow for enough movement of the rubber - especially in moulded rubber items such as the catsuit. I've never had any situations like that when the suit and body are well talced. That is certainly a lesson I need to remember. At any rate, I won't be wearing the fullsuit again until I can get more glue to repair the tear. Thinking about it, I've gotten more than enough wear out of that suit than I paid for it, so even though it will never get worn out in public once repaired, it will certainly stand up to some rough play sessions for a while yet!

I had also posted a question about a company whose name had eluded me that manufactures latex theatrical masks. I had been on their site once before but had lost the link. I finally found out who it is (and now - who I'm going to buy a mask from) -- Greyland Films!

I did go out in rubber on Saturday. It was the annual Mr. Calgary Leather competition at the Eagle, so I decided to don my TMRA rubber tights and Polymorphe tank top along with the Tred Airs and PVC cap. I was a hit! Even though the vast majority were dressed in leather, the polished rubber stuck out of the crowd. There were a few other rubber guys there, including Doug who I had talked to a few times online and who carried the Rubberist flag at the Calgary Pride Parade this year. He was suggesting getting all the rubbermen in town together for an inpromptu rubbery night out, maybe once a month or something. I think the idea is pretty cool! Any excuse to get dressed up in skintight rubber and go out.

I won an eBay auction a few weeks ago for a pair of 501-style rubber jeans. I didn't really pay attention to the auction, and inadvertently won a pair in size small (32" waist). I had been concerned all week that they would be far too small and that I'd have to return them since I wear about a 33" now, but they showed up today and actually fit pretty well. The hips and ass are snug, but I honestly don't fit into many slim style jeans with the cycling legs I have without having a sizing problem. I had been thinking of buying some skinhead rubber jeans anyways, and those fit slim as it is. I'm dreaming of getting this new polo shirt from Invincible (royal? olive? - shown with the skinhead jeans)and wearing the two out together with the new rubber Sam Brown belt that I also won on eBay!

My friend Jim in Florida is in the process of buying a full-body red catsuit that he wants me to try out and critique first, so I'm excited to be trying that new suit on soon! Fortunately, it's tailored with glued latex, so it shouldn't be ripping apart like that moulded stuff!

If I like the suit, I may buy one for myself. It's imported by a tailor in Chicago. We'll have to wait and see. I'm going to be patient for my next rubber purchases and make sure I'm confident I'm buying exactly what I want. Stu - the hottest British bloke in tight latex, IMHO - has now convinced me that SkinTightRubber is the only place for me to buy a new catsuit from, so that comes in as a very strong option!

I also found out from Tim that there is a rubber tailor in Calgary named Kelly who runs Dark Side Creations. I am quite curious to call him and have a conversation about creating something for me too.

So many options, and so many great suggestions from so many new friends! Pics of the new outfits will be coming soon!

1 comment:

FoxZatt said...

lol! "the hottest British bloke in tight latex". Thanks Matt you've just made my week. I need that on a badge or something. :p