Saturday, June 2, 2007

Rubber Broil

So...hot...can't...stay...in...rubber...

Yesterday I wanted to make a first attempt at a video in full sunlight, mostly because I was curious about the lighting and shine reflecting off the black rubber. Because it was a Friday mid-day I was feeling a bit paranoid about doing any shooting too far above the ledge on the roof for fear that someone in some of the office buildings not too far away might see. Because of that, the angle of the tripod was really low. It is a fair video, but I know for the next one, I'm going to run the camera higher and simply focus on the action area from a higher angle. I think the shine of the rubber will come out better contrasted only against the backdrop, which will probably be the blanket again. I'm also completely obsessed with what this sort of shot in full sunlight will look like with a transparent fullsuit!

It was a very hot day, and now I know what all the expert rubberists were saying about rubber in heat! It's very challenging!

No comments: