Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Justification

I think I'm needing to take a break for awhile from rubber. Despite my attempts to try and spread out my rubberplay sessions, lately it has been becoming an all-too-frequent appointment that is affecting other aspects of my life. It's always important to keep those fetishes in check! A good rule to live by is "do everything in moderation including moderation itself".

I'm fully aware that even though I might think I spend a ridiculous amount of time, energy and money pursuing a strange sexual fetish, there are many more out there that out-time, out-energy, and out-money me on this and other fetishes. Sometimes I think that I've gone overboard, then realize there are others that out-do me anyday. But of course with a group as small as the gay skintight rubbermen of world, my extreme should probably be perceived as such since, by sheer numbers, there really aren't that many more out-doing me! And saying that, I've probably been in contact at some point or other with all the really hard-core guys anyways.

Or am I wrong? My the volume of pics and profiles online, I feel that there must be thousands upon thousands of hot rubbermen all over the world, but of course typically in the bigger cities. I think going to a truly large fetish event would probably help me out in this department. I think attending IML and MIR next year would be a great step in the evolution of my fetish. Attempting to bring it out in Calgary is not going to lead anywhere.

I guess if I had more free time it wouldn't be so much of an issue. I'm too extroverted to spend more time at home than I already do, or at least feel less guilty about it.

I've been finding it very hard to motivate myself to work out this week. The weather has been less than stellar. But even despite the fact there was no rain falling from the sky after work today, I still didn't head out on the bike, or go to the gym, or even put on the running shoes. I put on the rubber instead, after a lengthy session on the Internet! What am I turning into???

A fellow rubberist from Montreal, Latxboy is currently in town and wants to meet. I'm very intrigued despite what I know the boyfriend would say about it. I just long to meet other hot rubbermen so bad sometimes that the urges are hard to resist.

Eric and I have talked quite a bit and he sounds like a very down to earth guy who has an open relationship with his long-time boyfriend in Montreal. He has told me that he brought some rubber clothes with him. I'd really like to meet him to see what he is like, what his interests are, what sort of 'trouble' he's been into (including a review of the IML weekend). I hope he gets in touch with me again before the weekend! If not, I have asked him and his boyfriend to meet me in Montreal for a night out or two.

I try to justify in my head that there are lots of hot, manly, gay rubbermen out there, but I think I'm honestly just deluding myself. We're a small community, and outside the major metropolitan areas, very spread out and relatively unique, thus alone. We're all in constant search to fulfill our basest human urges -- to connect with someone. For rubberists this is just as strong if not stronger because of the sexual/fetishist aspect of our interests.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any more of the photos from this shoot?!... I saw them years ago wene I 1st got into rubber and bdsm, and always wanted to know more about them, thanks!
the boy named vile

MB said...

Yes, I believe the photoshoot is called "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and looks like it was done during Burning Man years ago. I have a few pics from the shoot; send me an email if you would like them.