Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Mr. West Coast Rubber 2020 Recap

Congratulations to the new Mr. West Coast Rubber, Mark Weston!

Despite it being a very brief trip, it was a fun and busy weekend; I'm glad I went - it was sooo great to reconnect with some old friends and acquaintances, and meet many new sexy rubbermen!

I landed early on Friday, wandered around SoMa for awhile, spent a few hours at Mr. S debating some purchases (and - proud of myself - resisted some big ticket purchases, settling on a couple of new jockstraps and sports socks), then checked into the hotel and napped prior to heading to Powerhouse for 7pm for a fun evening at the WCR Meet and Greet.







A few of us squished into an Uber and ended up at a few bars in the Castro....The Mix and Midnight Sun. 

Saturday I went for brunch at Rocco's on Folsom then rubbered up for interviews with Frankie and Mark at Mr. S Leathers at 1pm, then the contest started at the SF Eagle at 5. What a great turnout! 





I went to the "Shiny Happy Peephole" Men's Play Party at Atlas at 10. I think the day was already too long for many; the turnout was disappointing, but I was glad to have an opportunity to chat more to some guys and even meet a few more including a sexy rubber daddy and adorable English piss puppy.

San Francisco has a bounty of great venues for community/kink/play groups to book for use. I was a bit jealous of some of these great locations to host events! Atlas is a big sparse space that could be used for a lot of things, and the fashion of giving everyone a number, everything including coat check and drinks being put on a tab which you pay when you leave is a great idea!

I got back to the hotel at 2am and crashed, forgetting that the time change overnight was going to rob me of another hour of sleep.....

Sunday I was up early to check out of my hotel, and sauntered over to Castro with my luggage, searching for wifi and brunch. I settled on Bloody Mary's at Harvey's, where I eventually met up with my dear friend Christophe, Yancy (nice to see you babe!) and his roommate Rodney for more brunch and mimosas, Greg and Frankie stopped in to give me my fan(!!!). then we walked around a bit before Christophe and I went to the Edge for the Victory Party where the rest of the rubber crew eventually settled. I left around 4:45pm to head to SFO to catch my flight. It was a regrettably short trip, but I am happy I went and got to meet so many wonderful people, including my judge-mates Nico, Rodi, and Eleven, the competitors Mark and Frankie, the organizing crew, Will, Michael, Alex, Randy, Darell, Colden, Jesse, and Jon :), Christophe's friends Ivan and Lucas, and to see the likes of Misha, Austin, and Greg again.

Many thanks to Matthew, Joel, Gus, Zac, Cody, Alan and the rest of the California crew that worked so hard to get the contest off the ground this year and host it to San Francisco! Here's hoping for a lot more success and engagement with this rejuvenated West Coast title. Wish I could've stuck around a little longer, but I hope many of you will consider coming to Rubbout 29 in a couple of weeks, or more significantly the Rubbout 30 blowout celebration April 2-4, 2021!!!!

No comments: