Wednesday, November 12, 2014

MIR 18: Masquerade Review

I have to say, this trip to Chicago for me was excellent. I've had my love for rubber and the men that love it re-affirmed. I had so much fun in Chicago over these four days that re-invigorated my passion for rubber and kink to last me through another year.

Despite all the challenges prior to heading to Chicago, once I got there and re-integrated into the rubber troop, and felt much more relaxed and focused on what I wanted to accomplish over the weekend. I had moments through the weekend where I choked up thinking over what is going on at home, particularly at times when I felt alone, however I soon was surrounded by friends again that made me feel good...and even sexy at times.

Due to the weather in the East, a lot of flights were delayed. TORubber did not make it into Chicago until the evening, so I had to do a shuck-and-dive at the hotel in order to get into the room. I managed to squeeze out an hour nap before I had to get up and rubber up for the 'Villains' Cocktail Party at the Center on Halsted before the contest.
I got to the Center after some food and ran into piles of rubbermen that I consider friends from all over the world. It was so much fun to run into so many familiar faces and get the opportunity to meet some new ones. Of great remarkability was the fact there were SO MANY hot young men in rubber at the MIR parties over the weekend. It was very inspiring to see so many young guys getting into my fetish! Perhaps all that work over the past 13 years has finally paid off?
The contest started late, probably around 9:30, but we weren't disappointed. The opening performance featured some hot dancers with Roger Rubre, first runnerup the year I competed MIR 2011 in 2010. He did a great performance with the 10 contestants doing a song named "Rubber" to the theme of "Thriller"....appropriate for a rubber contest starting on Halloween! It was very entertaining.

The 10 contestants all strutted their stuff. I honestly think this year there was enough personality and sexiness in the 10 that anyone could have been a contender.
With the Friday night portion of the contest complete, we all headed to Manhole for drinks where I ran into even more friends and got to know some of the other attendees better, including guys from Holland, Chicago (of course), Boston, London, Edinburgh and Glasgow. By the end of the night, XxxRubberXxx and I were the only ones left. We were going to go to an after-hours, but then changed our minds and headed back to his place for nightcaps and fisting.

I slept in late on Saturday and didn't get to the Market until mid-afternoon. I did my obligatory Rubbout poster posting and card distribution, checked out some of the items on sale, and got into RubberbondageTO's straightjacket and hood while he forced me to commit to doing depraved things at the TORN Rubbermen party in Toronto on November 29th. I begrudgingly obliged Ha Ha

I stayed at the Center for the 'Heroes' Cocktail party. The contest started much more promptly this night. Teri Yaki provided great entertainment, as did the fashion show and the ubiquitous Mystery Bag competition. The contest was won deservedly by Max Samauth from Holland. Everyone went over to Cellblock for drinks immediately afterward, I went to the hotel and quickly changed and came there late, however quite a few of the guys were still there so I engaged in some fun conversation with some of the guys and went back to the hotel. I decided I would go to the after-party at Steamworks if I didn't find something better to do, so I went over to Rankin SF's room hoping for some play, however we ended up sitting and talking all night, drinking gin with him and Rubberedscotsguy until bloody six in the morning.





Another late start on Sunday...I went back to the Market, bought a few things, went for lunch with some of the guys at Halsted's, chatted with some of the guys then went with XxxRubberXxx to Showtunes. He went home and I arranged with the Toronto and Boston guys to go over to their place to play and shoot some video for SeriousMaleBondage. I wasn't really interested in that...Gearedrock (a delectable hottie) from Boston and I spent the rest of the evening fucking and fisting in one of the upstairs bedrooms in their condo until about 3 in the morning, then I went back to the hotel.





Sleep....got up, checked out, went downtown with Rubberedscotsguy and Rubbreh10 to do the architectural boat cruise, get some brunch and check out some sites before Rubberedscotsguy had to catch his flights, working his way back home. Afterwards I took my luggage to J's, we hung out for awhile.  It tried to nap while he went out to dinner with friends. I met up with cutie Lthrboy313 for Trivia at Halsted's then we went back to his place for a good breathcontrol and fucking session! Whew! What a weekend! Made it back to J's around 3am.



Got up at J's, got ready and left his place around 3pm when he was ready to go to work. I headed to O'Hare and hung out until my flight back to Vancouver. I got home around 9pm just in time to pack Mr. P and I for our trip to Edmonton on Wednesday morning. Off to family Christmas in Red Deer with a few days in Edmonton visiting friends. Whirlwind! :D

No comments: