Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Frustration

You always get that rubber piece once in a lifetime that reminds you how delicate and inconsistent this natural-based product really is. Okay, maybe more often than once in a lifetime.

I am currently fighting with a cat suit that I inadvertently got in Palm Springs at West Coast Rubber. I was innocently trying the suit on when I ripped the suit along the side of the leg. As you would expect this is something that I don't do very often! Because it was a suit a friend had brought for the gear swap, it was only fair that I traded some of my gear for fair price replacement of what he was asking for the suit I ripped. No big deal, right?

I brought it home, gave it to Shawn for repair and just got it back on Saturday. I was planning to wear it to the Kickoff party (black catsuit; perfect for 'Back to Black', right?), and while I was putting it on in the bathroom, it ripped AGAIN! I haven't even had this suit above my waist yet. I don't know whether it's going to fit right because I haven't even had it completely on my body yet! It's SO frustrating. It has ripped this time by the hip/pelvis area on the same panel as the first rip about 8 inches away.

I'm wondering if there might be some defect with the latex sheeting used on this panel, perhaps? I have never had this much trouble and I'm not happy with my situation.

Oh well, this fucking material is definitely one with which I (and by that I mean all of us) have a love/hate relationship with. It's so expensive and so delicate, so gratifying yet so frustrating. I will try the fix option again and see if I can finally get the suit on. If this happens a third time, I might be donating this suit to the trash bin.
This isn't the suit, just a picture of me with another piece of torn rubber.  You can imagine my sad face :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are your finger nails too long? ;-)

Unknown said...

If it was, I would have something more tangible to blame, namely myself. Better than having a suit that self-destructs :(

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you contact the maker or vendor to se if they can do anything for you such as replacing the item.

It sounds like the rubber it was made from is old.

STEFFY Calgary