Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why I Love the 80s

Men wore things higher, tighter and showed more skin...man, I miss those days....and those Adidas shorts!





Men unabashedly showed off lots of skin and wore spandex.  Everyone was doing aerobics and getting into 'jogging'.

The Crystal Light Aerobics Championships were a BFD:
John Travolta was young and hot:
And the Glam Rock bands showed off lots of bulge and ass.
And, of course, I would never forget an homage to Undergear and International Male, two catalogs that got me through my lonely, isolated teens....

I miss how everyone was more (apparently) liberated and less prudish about the beauty of the male body.  It was a fun decade, we liked that we didn't take ourselves too seriously like we have for the past couple of decades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture is of Rusty Joiner, who was born in 1972. I suspect the picture is from the past five or so years, and from the International Male/UnderGear site and/or catalogue.

Unknown said...

The pic of Rusty was just posted as an example of what could be found in the Undergear catalog. It was hard to find older images through a Google pic search.