Monday, August 8, 2011

The Skintightest Latex Experience

I want to post the body of an email conversation I'm having with ShinyTight about 'how tight is the tightest?' latex experience a guy can have. This is of course a topic of interest for me, and I (as would everyone else, most likely) would like to hear about your experiences.

Subject: Tightest Latex Imaginable!
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM, ShinyTight wrote:

Hey mate,

Came across your video "Skin Tight Rubber 2" on YouTube and you have some way delicious skintight latexsuit on - just yummie!
Being turned on by Skintight Rubber myself very much I'm constantly seeking to improve the "skintightest latex experience" on myself and I'm curious to know how much "skintightness" can one's body bear, and yet still feel comfortable? Some say 10% off the body measurements, though I wonder if it can get some little bit more. If you have experiences in this - I assume your suit(s) is/are made to measure - I would love to hear your opinion/sensations of "skintight limits" and which are the best sources you found.

Best rubberregards,
D

P.s.:
Love your blog, deliciously rubbery! :-)

....

Hey D,

Thanks for writing....I think we're of the same mind, latex is only worth wearing if it's tight tight tight. Not uncomfortably tight but tight enough that it looks painted on. I appreciate seeing a body in any latex but if it's loose with lots of folds and baggy areas, some of the sexiness of it is lost on me. I've been fortunate that most of the latex I've bought over the years has either custom fit (with measurements) or I was fortunate enough to find a designer whose off-the-rack stuff fit me like a glove. That's why I've tended to stay with Invincible, Polymorphe and Skintightrubber and other particular designers over the years.

Speaking of Skintightrubber, I have to say that their stuff is the tightest stuff I've ever owned. Talking to the owners directly to determine what size would fit me best, they always suggested a size down if I was on the margin between two sizes. And with their tall sizes now available it makes for an even better fit. You know you're talking to someone who's tight-obsessed if they're suggesting a smaller size than a bigger one :)

The unfortunate thing with latex that fits tight is that there is more pressure on the seams and stress points. I love my STR suits, but I've learned over time to order things that are that tight without stress points like crotch/ass zippers, etc. When I do order my next suit from them (and I will, eventually), it will not have any zippers other than at the shoulders. Crotch entry will be limited to a codpiece since the ass was the first thing to blow out of my last suit since I had a crotch zip put into that suit (that's the same one I'm wearing in the Skintightrubber videos....).

There is the balance to consider for skintight limits. Your suits are not going to last as long if they're super-tight, simple as that. But for the look and feel maybe that's a price you're willing to pay. I am. I am constantly patching latex items but accept that as an inevitability to feed my desire for tightness :)

Comments? I may start this conversation on the blog because you are bringing up an interesting topic.

Cheers!

Further to this, I recall some of the very first latex I bought. It was moulded latex, and I insisted that it be a ridiculously small size because I thought this would ensure the painted-on look I was desiring. The problem was that the stress on the latex itself was too much, and for a period of time when I was first getting into latex I was finding myself constantly fixing or pleading with the design source owner of my stuff to replace what I had ordered. That only went so far until I had to look at other options; learning what worked or not on my own was an expensive venture and lesson but the benefits have been extensive. Other that accessories like hoods, socks, gloves I will not wear catsuits or any type of bodywear for that matter that isn't tailors (ie. created from panels that are glued together). The seams distribute pressure at pressure points better than moulded latex does, and if seams go they are much easier to repair than a rip or tear in the middle of a moulded piece.

As much as I desire a seamless look in a completely encapsulating latex suit, I don't think it's feasible from a design standpoint unless you're getting body-scanned and a torso mould is being made exactly to your specifications. As hot as that sounds, it also sounds terribly expensive ;)

As you will see when shopping for latex, the best-made stuff is all seamed latex designs. Given that thinner latex would be stretchier and a better candidate for a super-tight fit, you are looking at getting a latex outfit made out of 0.2mm latex or thinner, seamed....and right away this looks like the type of suit that it going to have to be handled with great care due to its delicacy from the get-go.

Now as to 'how tight is tight?', I've seen that 10% of body measurements rule-of-thumb before, I'm not sure how accurate it is, and I will have to ask some of my designer friends what they would consider an acceptable size limit if a customer was asking for the tightest latex feasible on their body without it exploding off of them at an inappropriate time.


6 comments:

Loki said...

What thickness do you like? I'm considering going for a .7mm suit next as I want a restrictive, bondage like feeling, but appreciate you start to lose that "dipped in latex" look.

Unknown said...

Ultimately I'm of the 'thin and stretchy' set. I can appreciate thicker latex because of it's inherent strength....I don't expect my sleepsack or straightjacket to rip anytime soon. but for rubberwear, I love .25 to .35mm latex, and I would even consider buying something even thinner to achieve that 'dipped in latex' look that thin, stretchy latex sheeting provides.

Loki said...

I have seem thin stuff too and it does look and feel great, but I just thought I'd design my ultimate bondage suit that feels like it's inescapable :)

Unknown said...

Go for it! I would love to see the final product. :)

Anonymous said...

After more than 20 years into latex I find that tightness and latex thickness is very much depending on how long periods of time you wear a garment.
Like Speedogury I prefer thinner latex (0.25 mm). Tight fitting thinner latex doesn’t flatten out the body, especially the butt, and you can wear them all day or night.
For me the airtight feeling is most important and I enjoy wearing my latex items for long periods of time, a whole day or night. I think my latex items stretches a little less than 6%, my shorts and briefs, I wear these almost daily, less than 4%. I make most of my items myself and reinforce the seat seam. All my latex clothing is chlorinated.
Thanks for an interesting and versatile blog

Cosmosealed

Unknown said...

.4mm is pretty standard for 'thin' latex, .7mm is pretty standard for 'heavy' latex. The options catering to the immense variety of tastes in rubberists is impressive!