Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Les nuits du caoutchouc

The trip to Montréal was amazing. I had a lot of fun with my friends from Calgary, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and Montréal (of course) that we ran into over the course of the weekend.

I flew to Calgary Thursday night, happily escaping the heatwave occurring in Vancouver last week. We had a reunion of sorts at my friend Doug's place. Doug and I left for Montréal Friday morning. We got into Montréal about the same time as our Chicago friends Matt, Marc and Brian arrived so we shared a cab downtown. Doug and I were staying at old friends' place in the Village and the Chicago crew were staying at a hotel close by.

Friday night after afternoon drinks on the terrasse at Sky Bar, we rubbered up and went to the Kochon party at L'Aigle Noir. Stéphane was emceeing a gear auction that Tony Buff and Derek Dasilva were modelling for. There was a lot of sexy rubber and leather gear going for super-cheap, but I didn't bring enough cash with me to bid on anything. Dommage! We had a super-fun night running into the gang from Legende Urbaine and as it turned out, everyone in our group got lucky that night! Fantastique!

Saturday we walked around the Village, picked up gear (including my new sexy transparent smoke rubber outfit) and party tickets at Priape, then had poutine and more beer at Café Européen. The Chicago guys and I were invited to an Ibiza party on the terrasse at BJ and Eric's place in the late afternoon, then we went to the free concert at Parc Emilie-Gamelin where David Morales was headlining.

We stayed there way too long, then had to hurry home and get our rubber to head to the K.L.U.B. party at Bain Mathieu. We arrived around 11:30 to find hundreds of sexy men dressed in varying degrees of leather, latex and lycra. Bain Mathieu is a rentable space that is an old swimming pool. The main dancefloor is the bottom of the pool. The DJs spun sexy house tunes while a mass of men on the pool floor danced away. There was a pseudo-playspace in the side room where some bondage demos were going on, but the lighting in there was very bright and I don't think it got used very much. We shut the place down, then headed back down to the Village around 3:30am.

Sunday my friend Doug and I went shopping downtown and got caught in torrential downpours which delayed the outdoor parties in the Village. We got back, met up with the gang again and went to Café Européen for more beer. We then headed to Bar Campus to watch sexy strippers and from there went for food. We decided we were going to head to Le Stud that evening; the Chicago guys were tired and went directly there while I headed back to the apartment. We had planned to go out in rubber and despite their weak effort, I decided to rubber up and go to Le Stud like that anyways. Of course I was the only one dressed up, but it was a blast. My Montreal friend Jer and I closed the place down after we ran into some Toronto friends (hi Paul!) that we spent the rest of the evening with. On the walk home I got accosted by some drunk guys that kept ripping my codpiece off.

Monday Doug headed to Québec City for the day. Jer and Bruce had to work and Matt headed back to Chicago so Brian, Marc and I went to La Ronde for the day. It is an amusement park affiliated with Six Flags located on Île Ste-Hélène. After a day on in line-ups for roller coasters, we headed back to the Village for dinner and found ourselves at Club Stock watching strippers again -- this time, older and beefier -- much nicer. Once again, I found myself stumbling home at 1:30 in the morning getting solicited for drugs and sex. Where were these people earlier in the weekend when I wasn't so tired?

Doug got back early on Tuesday, we met up with Marc and Brian, went for brunch then cabbed to the airport to catch our flights. I made it into Calgary around 4:30. Doug went home. My flight was originally supposed to leave for Vancouver at 8, but was moved to 8:50, then delayed to 10 due to storms in Toronto. In the meantime I sat in the airport bar, then met up with my friend Trevor who was in Calgary for business that day. We got onto the plane at 10 with a good buzz on and it was midnight before I got home, unpacked and crashed.

Not many pictures? Yeah, I know. I didn't have my camera out much and a lot of the pics were from the parties in the park and amusement park. I would've really liked to have taken some pics at the rubber parties, but, you know....I didn't have a lot of room to carry a camera in skintight latex gear! But I know there are other photos in existence out there that are blackmail-types that I hope never surface! LOL

Overall, a great time. I never have a bad time in Montreal, but I really need a good detox this week...back to wholesome Vancouver living(!?).

No comments: