Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Week


I leave for the Mr. International Rubber weekend in Chicago next Thursday. Between now and then there are two Halloween parties to attend to. Friday night is the Halloween Party at the Eagle and Saturday is a party at a friend's house. I plan on wearing the pewter rubber catsuit with all the soldier accoutrements to these two parties; I wore this out last weekend to an early Halloween party to great fanfare. I think it freaked out a couple of not-so-enlightened guests -- I would be curious to find out what their true reaction to the outfit was. Everyone was truly keen to feel the material and ask questions about it, so hopefully it was a good first experience for those that have never thought about such things before. It was at a friend's place way out in the suburbs. I decided to stay the night and had to sleep in my rubber. Partly stimulating, partly weird.

I'm hoping there will be other rubbermen out at the Halloween Party on Friday; I've already talked to a few that are planning on going -- hopefully it will be a good time. We always seem to get a lot of good feedback on the nights that we go out in rubber; that is it opening some people's eyes to fetish possibilities and for others simply adding some zest to an otherwise boring scene at the local leather bar.

But of course all my focus is on getting to Chicago for next weekend. I'm still trying to figure out what outfits I'm going to wear, what I'm going to take for the gear swap, and what extra stuff I might bring for friends who might show up unexpectedly plus additional gear for play parties.

I've been asked to assist in the stage demonstrations on the 'Greet the Meat' Friday night...apparently they need good men to be bound up in rubber for extended periods during the evening. I was more than happy to oblige until I figured that it might impact my visiting time with all the rubbermen that are supposed to be at the MIR weekend that I have chatted online with for a long time. So, should I spend my Friday evening immobilized and at the whim of a hundred horny rubbermen, or should I just get rubbered up and socialize and flirt? Tough decisions, holy cow! LOL

I'm still pretty certain that I'm not going to compete this year. I still have until next Friday to get my application in but I really feel that this year I need to absorb and explore the event for what it is and come back next year with a lot more confidence that I know what I'm doing and what will need to be done to win the competition.

So far, I'm travelling alone. My partner and I have been going through a lot of turmoil over the past month so we've decided it best he not go for reasons I won't get into here (details in previous post). I have another friend who has shown interest in coming with me but hasn't confirmed whether he's going to go or not. I'm a little nervous about showing up at the parties by myself (in addition to walking down North Halsted every day in full rubber from where I'm staying to the host hotel...three or four blocks of stimulation???), but I guess the whole point for me about this weekend is getting out of my comfort zone and learning a few things.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't want to sound like i don't care, cause i do. I hate to see anyones relationship go thru hard times. However, sounds like your already doing as much as can be done.

I note that your fearful of attending the event in Chicago by yourself. 1) don't be, well, do be, but don't be. Their 90% all good guys, so its not like they'll make fun of you. My god, you got a hot bod that looks georgous in rubber, nothing to be ashamed of there! :) and that alone will keep you in good company, for various reasons... However, i also noted that you mentioned a friend has indicated willingness to go, but your not sure if he's going or not. ASK HIM. Dude, if we never ask, we never know, and then its opportunities wasted and depending on the event/circumstances, we regret not asking later. (god how familiar am i with THAT condition!)

So, ASK HIM, if your really that scared, ASK HIM. The most that could happen is that he decides not to go, and you end up going alone as you indicate in your blob. And at the most, you'll have a roommate to share exspences and friend to talk to when all the others are strangers.

btw, i'd never have the guts to go out in rubber and sleep over at a friends place like you did. As Much as i want to. I just don't have the guts or the friends to do that with. So Kudos! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid,
You know...if you had met me a few years ago,I probably would have told you not to go by yourself.Its NOT anything that I would've had the courage to do,however much I wanted to.
Chicago,full of rubbermen,just wow man!
The other guy is right..you have the most wonderful body in or out of rubber(thats just my imagination,having not had the opportunity to see you naked.)
I think its the right thing to have a mate along with you(for moral support)but I think you have enough courage to go for it,you have only just split from 8 years of relationship.I know rubber wasnt the only reason but part of it,a major part,what is the worst that can happen.You could always get a taxi to the place(!?)
The sleeping in rubber I found the MOST uncomfortable,and howyou did it without removing it through the night is beyond me.
I love the idea of "greet the meat"that really tickled me.lol.
So....whats the answer Reid?Leave it another year or go for it.I just wish i could be there,but I will be with you in spirit!
warmest regards Duncanxx

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if my friend is coming or not simply because he hasn't made up his mind completely yet. It would be great to have someone along to get into trouble with, but I'm sure that won't be a problem on my own, either! ;D

The rubber thing is only a small part of the whole equation; we're still negotiating but I am going to Chicago on my own whether the bf likes it or not.

For me, the problem isn't sleeping with a single layer of rubber on (I've done it on quite a few occasions before), it's the LAYERING, IMO. The stimulation is the 'hardest' thing to get over when you're honestly trying to sleep!! LOL

I don't want to compete this year, too much hassle. I gotta see what I'm up against first before I take the plunge. I just worry that I won't have the opportunity to come back and compete next year for whatever reason; time will tell whether I made the right decisions....

It's too bad we haven't met yet, Duncan (not to say that we never will)...If we had been at MIR together, I would've had you bound, masked and collared and walked you up North Halsted on a leash!

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa.
You're right about meeting,you never know?
As long as I was masked,mate!
I found the (wearing rubber at night) sweat and movement restriction more bother than anything.I just couldnt get comfortable.I like to be relaxed when i sleep.
I think its pretty rare(generalising again)to find someone who is into latex totally,a lifestyle.Thats not my thing,I like the dressing and playing,but its not a lifestyle.
Did your BF like you when you dressed up?I mean he must have enjoyed part of it,its so you.?
Outside of kink my obsession is old movies,I have loads of vids with films on that I am converting to dvd,it drives martin mad when I interrupt his tv viewing setting the process up.
I sound very nosy about your personal life,I dont mean to be.
Tell me how things are before you leave for Chicago?How long will you stay?
Gotta go,
Duncanxx

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa.
You're right about meeting,you never know?
As long as I was masked,mate!
I found the (wearing rubber at night) sweat and movement restriction more bother than anything.I just couldnt get comfortable.I like to be relaxed when i sleep.
I think its pretty rare(generalising again)to find someone who is into latex totally,a lifestyle.Thats not my thing,I like the dressing and playing,but its not a lifestyle.
Did your BF like you when you dressed up?I mean he must have enjoyed part of it,its so you.?
Outside of kink my obsession is old movies,I have loads of vids with films on that I am converting to dvd,it drives martin mad when I interrupt his tv viewing setting the process up.
I sound very nosy about your personal life,I dont mean to be.
Tell me how things are before you leave for Chicago?How long will you stay?
Gotta go,
Duncanxx

Unknown said...

Hey Dunc - thanks for the note. I'm not into making latex a complete lifestyle either. Although I have fantasies of becoming a 24/7 rubberslave for some hot benevolent (rich) master, I don't think the chances of that happening are very high. So I just gotta get into the latex when I can, just like every other kinkster.

If I sleep in latex, I usually try not to sleep with any covers. I can usually keep from sweating when I'm not active so sleeping in it isn't that bad. The most difficult thing to overcome is usually all that stimulation! ;-D

The bf gets very turned on when I get geared up but I wish he would take more initiative to experiment on his own....it's hard to give directions when your in a mask or hood!

Anyways, I leave to Chicago Thursday afternoon, then back Monday night. Short but intense trip. I'm SO looking forward to it. There will certainly be a humungous update on the weekend when I get back, just like IML. Lots to reflect on when you're sitting in the airport for hours before your flight by yourself.....

TTYL
R